The Myth of the Corporate Spy
- Canadians look abroad. Knibb, David // Airline Business;Jun2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the plan of Air Canada and WestJet airlines regarding their international expansion. Purchase of widebody airplanes from Boeing by Air Canada; Increase in the capacity of WestJet airline; Potential deployment of longer-range 737 airplanes of WestJet to international flights.
- Is your company more like WestJet or Air Canada? Keehn, Kelley // Edmontonians;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p19
The article compares Air Canada and WestJet airlines. It states that WestJet airlines achieved tremendous success in relatively short time due to its several encouraging perspectives. In an advertisement of WestJet, their tag line showed that their employees care their customers so much because...
- Air Canada wins battles in competition wars. Knibb, David // Airline Business;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p14
Reports on several business challenges faced by Air Canada as of January 2003. Issues associated with an agreement between Jazz, the regional unit of Air Canada and the provincial government of Quebec; Complaints made by the association of Canadian travel agents to Transport Canada regarding...
- CANADIAN POWER PLAY. KARP, AARON // Air Transport World;Nov2014, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p47
The article reports on the development of airline companies Air Canada and WestJet. It states that Air Canada's development was contributed by international flights and cutting its annual costs. Also mentioned that WestJet has launched their transatlantic flights and plans to acquire the...
- Rivals jockey for Jetsgo's share. // Airline Business;Sep2005, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the impact of the closure of discount carrier Jetsgo on Canadian airlines. Percentage of the domestic market claimed by Jetsgo prior to its collapse in March 2005; Plan of Air Canada and CanJet to launch additional flights in western Canada; Business relocation of WestJet.
- Airlines Industry Profile: Canada. // Airlines Industry Profile: Canada;5/ 1/2014, p1
The article offers a profile of the airlines industry in Canada as of May 2014. Topics discussed include the growth of the market in 2013 with total revenues amounting to 17,255.6 million dollars, the projected rise to 62 million passengers by the end of 2018, market volume forecast, category...
- Zip tries to zap WestJet. Byfield, Mike // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);8/12/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p39
Focuses on competition between the airlines WestJet and Air Canada. Leadership of WestJet by chief executive officer Clive Beddoe; Profitability of the discount airline Southwest Airlines; Lack of business-class travelers for airlines; Discounts being offered by Air Canada.
- WesJet presses eastwards . // Airline Business;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the threat faced by Air Canada as WestJet continued its expansion in Canada. Expected growth of WestJet; Response of Air Canada CEO Robert Milton to the issue.
- WestJet takes on Air Canada. // Airline Business;Jun2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the domestic flights launched by WestJet in Canada. The move is aimed at lifting its domestic market share from 35% to 37% this year and reaching 45% by 2010. With CanJet, Harmony Airlines, and Jetsgo gone from scheduled service, Air Canada and WestJet are now in a...