- Slash your council tax. Lewis, Paul // Community Care;3/20/2008, Issue 1714, p34
In this article, the author offers a number of tips for paying council taxes in Great Britain. The author suggests to compare council taxes between neighbors. He also advises to contact the listing officer in England or the local assessor in Scotland about the tax. In addition, the author...
- Sustainability Is Key. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses the economic data and outlook for Hong Kong, China. The city's public finances continues to improve, while the government faces the growing pressure to implement tax cuts. During fiscal year 2005-2006, consolidated budget surplus reached HKD14.0 billion, up by HKD10 billion...
- FINANCING GOVERNMENT SPENDING IN THE NETHERLANDS. Den Broeder, C.; Winder, C. C. A. // De Economist (0013-063X);Apr1992, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p65
Analyzes the financing of public spending in the Netherlands from a Ricardian perspective. Information on the Ricardian Equivalence theorem; Effects of a tax cut financed with government bonds; Discussion of the underlying assumptions of the Ricardian model.
- The importance of being certain. O'Connell, Kerri // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the various tax relief available to high-earning individuals in Ireland. Use of corporation tax losses; Mortgage interest relief; Medical expenses relief and pension contributions.
- WEEKLY UPDATE. McCarthy, Warren // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/10/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6577, p51
The article discusses several developments related to household income, tax reductions and property investment in Australia. A key Census figure shows that median household income has risen by 16.5 percent or $906 after inflation since 1996. Upper income earners will get another boost in July...
- Get to bottom of taxable and tax-deferred accounts. Linneman, Chritina // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/12/2004, Issue 323216, p7
Share insights about taxable and tax-deferred accounts of taxpayers in the U.S. Responsibility of legislators with mounting deficits in increasing taxes; Effects of the renovation of the tax code on investing for retirement and some established investing guidelines; Significance of the concept...
- Dividend Simplification? That's Hardly The Case. DiMuzio, David A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/29/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p20
Deals with the impact of a tax cut ruling on corporate qualified dividends in the U.S. Background of the ruling; Types of dividends exempted from the rules; Characteristics of foreign firms qualified under the ruling.
- Transportation tax changes to be passed on to businesses. RYAN, JIM T. // Central Penn Business Journal;2/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the proposal of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett to raise $1.8 billion transportation fund by uncapping the Oil Company Franchise Tax (OCFT) will likely to be passed on consumers and businesses. It mentions that the proposal calls for 17% tax reduction at the pump....
- Good news and bad about tax relief. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2006, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p11
The article focuses on tax relief in the U.S. It details the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush in May 2006. It presents information on tax breaks U.S. citizens may use. It also explains why tax-increase prevention may forestall future...