- Macy redo heralds youth movement. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;08/30/99, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the opening of an athletic apparel floor at the Macy's Department Store in New York City. Floor area covered by the athletic apparel floor; Young buyers as the target customers of the retail facility's athletic sector; Value of the renovation initiative undertaken by Macy's.
- A Question and Answer Interview with Roy Turner. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p50
An interview with Roy Turner, Surf Expo Show Director, SVP Sports Group, Emerald Expositions, is presented. Among the issues he discussed include the new markets generating new types of attendees for the show, the customer service philosophy of the show, and the emerging merchandise categories...
- A Practical Conundrum. // SHOT Business;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
The article offers information on the author's evaluation on the services and knowledge of salespeople about competitive handgun shooting in Denver, Colorado. It states that only one of the salesperson has assumed that competitive handgun shooting means International Practical Shooting...
- CALENDAR. // SGB;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p48
A calendar of events related to the sporting goods industry in 2014 is presented which includes Atlanta Shoe Market Atlanta, Georgia; Licensing International Expo Las Vegas, Nevada; and European Outdoor Trade Fair Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- SHOW BRIEFS. // Plastics News;9/24/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p23
Introduces several sporting goods at the Action Sports Retailer trade show in San Diego, California. Demonstration of the Indo Board balance trainer; Materials used of the sports sandals manufactured by Sanuk USA LLC; Features of the rolling wheel shoes from Heeling Sports Ltd.
- CALENDAR. // SGB;Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p30
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in 2013-14 is presented which includes Sports Inc. Athletic Show, Team Dealer Summit and Imprinted Sportswear Show.
- Mobilize Your Front Office Sales Force. Erli, Phil // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p46
Offers advice to telecommunication firms on how to train customer service representatives (CSR) in boosting sales. Importance of an objective for a sales strategy; Expectation from CSR; Impact of poor attitude on sales.
- All for one and one for all -- except in sales. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);3/2/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article offers suggestions on how to create an unified and successful sales team. Salespeople should be encouraged, trained, supported and recognized for their services. Creation of an inside team that supports and help them make sales is recommended. Corporate awards for sales support is...
- Salespeople need answers and here are a few. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/15/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 29, p25A
Presents the answers to the queries raised by sales personnel. Consideration of the biggest challenge for salespeople; Facilitation of telephone call to supplement networking contracts; Training of commercial agents for the janitorial company; Average length of the sales cycle when selling...