Evidence and advocacy: Are all things considered?
- become a diabetes advocate. // Diabetes Forecast;Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p80
Discusses the efforts of the American Diabetes Association in fighting diabetes in the U.S. Increase in funding for diabetes research and prevention programs; Improvement of health care and insurance coverage; Cessation of discrimination among diabetics.
- UNPROVEN THERAPIES. Roberts, Shaun S. // Diabetes Forecast;Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p37
Discusses issues related to the Clinical Practice Guideline developed by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for doctors in treating diabetes. Approaches of ADA in evaluating therapies in treating diabetes; Attributes of a therapy to be recommended by ADA; Circumstances when unproven...
- President's Message. Shaiken, Jos // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1960, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p189
Focuses on a convention program of the American Medical Association. Key element to the success of a convention program; Basic requirement in any type of meeting.
- 2007 AMUS Major General Jerry Sanders Scholarship. // Military Medicine;Spring2007 Supplement, Vol. 172, p8
The article announces the Fourth Annual Major General Jerry Sanders Scholarship that will be given to an Association of Military Surgeons of the U.S. member or immediate family member who is pursuing a degree in a healthcare related field. The winning applicant, who will be awarded $1,000 by the...
- NEWS. // Nursing Ethics;Jan2001, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p81
For the first time the UKCC (the UKâ€™s regulatory body for nurses, midwives and health visitors) has published an annual report of its Professional Conduct Committee. This shows a continuing increase in the number of complaints received, cases heard, removals from the register, and...
- Leaders in Action. // Healthcare Executive;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p56
Identifies some officers from local chapters of the American College of Health Executives who have attended at local and regional meetings.
- British Lymphology Society. // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 10, pS26
The article provides an update of various activities made by the British Lymphology Society (BLS) by October 2007. They include the launch of a new Web site in May 2007 which includes information like the directory of BLS members, lymphedema services and ongoing research projects. Moreover, it...
- ASHE has made its mark. Guerry, Robert W. // Health Facilities Management;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p8
Highlights the accomplishments made by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) in the U.S., as of 2004. Increase in the society's membership; Development of the educational program JCAHO Emergency Care Standards: Continuous Compliance Strategies by ASHE and the Joint Commission...
- Webscan. // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p37
Provides information on several Web sites of medical institutions in Great Britain. Features of a web site launched by the Royal College of Nursing's research society; Services offered by the NHSU website; Description of the UK Cochrane Centre web site.
- calendar. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p44
Presents a calendar of events related to medical care from August to December 2005. Geriaction National Conference 2005 Excellence in Clinical Practice: Reflection on the Past and Shaping the Future in New South Wales; The Mental Health Services 15th Annual Conference: Dancing to the Beat of a...