- Flames of desire. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Mar1994, Vol. 22 Issue 2, 1994 Buyer's Guide p55
Lists models and manufacturers of stoves for adventure travelers. Usage codes; Fuel-type codes. INSETS: Life on the road with stove, by Steve Howe.;Brand-specific hints, by S.H..
- Fire at will. George, Stephen C. // Backpacker;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p170
Provides tips and suggestions about different types of stoves for camping. Usage; Features; Prices. INSET: Fire in the sky..
- What's cookin'? // Boating;Nov94, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p47
Describes Kenyon's Galley Express portable butane-gas burner. Size; Setting up; Weight; Price; Contact point.
- Gas pains. Getchell, Dave // Backpacker;Apr94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p100
Presents techniques in operating blended-fuel stove cartridges. Design of bottled-gas camp stoves; Burning efficiency of propane and butane. INSET: Bottled-gas warming tips..
- Consider RV and camping gear for furnishing your homestead. Muszynski, Richard // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p49
Cites the use of camper stoves in homesteads. Propane stoves as expensive; Price; Features.
- Don't be fuelish. Miller, Dorcas S. // Backpacker;Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p36
Describes how backpackers can reduce cooking time, reduce pack weight and use less stove fuel. Starting points to consider; Customizing backcountry kitchen for maximum fuel efficiency; Making fuelsaving, homemade meals; Field-based techniques for saving fuel; Recipes.
- Lightweight stoves. Hillard, John // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec95, Issue 58, p71
Features the lightweight stove as a vital part of an outdoor person's gear. Factors considered in choosing a lightweight stove; Safety measures; Effect of cost; Weight differences in stove and fuel types; Technology; Use or misuse of the stove; Proper maintenance; Includes a survey of...
- Coffee Makers Are Better Than Ever Before. Pargh, Andy // Design News;12/1/91, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p178
Describes engineering design advancements in electric drip coffee makers. Digital timer mechanism; Automatic drip stop; Coffee strength selector; Temperature selector switch; Built-in coffee mill; Descaling indicator that signal a need to clean; Cuisinart's Cafe Robo with built-in coffee bean...
- THE MYSTERIOUS EAST. // New Yorker;8/29/1977, Vol. 53 Issue 28, p64
The article evaluates a coffee set and a coffee grinder featured in the "Tokyo Trade Guide" periodical.