Righting a Wright
- ADIOS, WRIGHT AMENDMENT! HELLO, AMERICA! RICKS, RON // Latino Leaders;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p12
The article offers the author's insight on the success of efforts to repeal the Wright Amendment in 1979 that restricted the Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas to a small service area, leading to a new wave of non-stop services and flights by Southwest Airlines Co. He says that the...
- Delta Threatens Dallas With Legal Action Over Love Gates. Unnikrishnan, Madhu // Aviation Daily;6/23/2015, Vol. 401 Issue 59, p1
The article informs that the airline company Delta Air Lines has warned legal actions against the city of Dallas, Texas over the use of gates at Dallas Love Field airport. It mentions that the airline companies Southwest and Virgin America have been operating flights from the gates. Delta...
- Southwest Airlines. // Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide: The Art of Traveling Extravag;2003, p183
A map of the United States is presented with information on Southwest Airlines Co.
- Airline Fight Brewing. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p39
Reports that budget carrier Southwest Airlines will begin service at Philadelphia International Airport in Pennsylvania in May 2004. Total daily flights; Increase in competition between Southwest Airlines and U.S. Airways Inc.; Plan to build four additional gates for Southwest at the terminal.
- Southwest Goes Northeast. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports on the growth of mid-sized airports in New England financed by bonds. Payment for expanded facilities; Expansion plans of Southwest Airlines Corp.
- Southwest unveils credit-earning charge card. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p265
Announces that Southwest airline's Rapid Rewards Visa cardholders will receive one Southwest flight credit for every $1000 charged to the card. Details of the program; Contact information.
- Southwest packs 'em in. Myers, Laura L. // Travel Agent;4/22/96, Vol. 279 Issue 8, p84
Focuses on the introduction of Southwest Airlines' Fun Pack Vacations. Packages only available through Southwest Airlines Fun Pack Vacations; Comments from Michael Spencer, executive vice president and general manager for the Mark Travel Corporation; Description of packages.
- Southwest ready on expansion deal. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p1A
Reports on Southwest Airlines Corp.'s agreement to fund 90 percent of the cost of the expansion of MacArthur Airport in Long Island, New York. Proposed addition of four gates and 2,400 parking spaces to the airport; Southwest's plan to add flights after the upgrade.
- Hair Raising Pic Aboard SW Air. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;4/2/2011, p1
A photograph showing the interiors of an airplane of Southwest Airlines Co. is presented.