Finally, a Refined Approach
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY. // Global Energy Market Research: Poland;Jul2010, p4
The article offers information on the energy institutions and policies in Poland. It highlights the role of the Energy Department's Ministry of Economy and the Urzad Regulacji Energetyki (URE) as an independent regulatory authority to coordinate with the sector. It also mentions the...
- Antitrust Alert: FTC's New Market Manipulation Prohibits False Statements and Omissions in Petroleum Markets. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article reports on the issuance of a rule targeting market manipulation in wholesale petroleum markets by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) effective November 4, 2009. The FTC was given the authority to write and enforce such regulations by Congress under the Energy Independence and...
- Big Oil May Be a Big Loser Because of Piggish Excess. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/1/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 17, p84
The article focuses on an increase in prices of several petroleum products in the U.S. The causes of today's price escalation are more complex. There are too many people chasing too little refined product across the globe and too many commodities futures speculators hoping for the worst rather...
- Shifting winds. Keane, Angela Greiling // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/19/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p39
Focuses on the factors that would affect the transportation-related legislation in the U.S. Congress in 2005. Concerns raised by the trucking industry on the fuel price relief passed by the Congress; Issues that could sidetrack a specialized transportation legislation; Other issues that will be...
- First Blood in the Power War. // New Republic;2/29/28, Vol. 54 Issue 691, p56
Focuses on how supporters successfully lobbied for the rejection of the Walsh resolution for an inquiry by the United States Senate into the practices of the power industry. Failure of Democrats to vote unaniumously for the measure; Contention that the lobbying method has generated more...
- Toush Regulation Gets Tousher. Lawrence, Gregory K. // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2009, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p28
The article analyzes the compliance emphasis of the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and its regulatory counterparts, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). It informs that although lower commodity prices have reduced some of...
- Congress exempts pharmacies from 'red flags' rule. // Drug Store News;1/10/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p44
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to exempt community pharmacies from burdensome accounting requirements imposed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- FTC urges Congress to blow the lid on 'consumer profiling'. Hattem, Julian // Hill;5/28/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 62, p10
The article reports on the request of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for the Congress to enact new laws to protect consumers from secretive companies that track their purchases and purchasing habits.
- New lottery ad rules considered. Melillo, Wendy // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/24/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p3
Reports that the United States Congressional Gambling Commission will recommend the expansion of the US Federal Trade Commission powers to enforce tribal casino and advertising rules. Adoption of voluntary advertising guidelines.