Sensible, Effective Immigration Answers
- US Immigration Reform Bill proposes 5,000 Visas to Tibetans in Nepal, India. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 4-6, p13
The article reports on the proposed amendment by the members of the U.S. Judiciary Committee of the Senate on May 20, 2013 to the U.S. immigration reform bill that would grant 5,000 visas to displaced Tibetans in India and Nepal. It says that Senator Dianne Feinstein cited the growing oppression...
- Should Congress Adopt The Pending "Immigration Reform And Control Act"? // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep83, Vol. 62 Issue 8/9, p203
Presents excerpts from the statement made by Massachusetts senator Edward M. Kennedy presented to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary regarding the proposed Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1983.
- Republican Senators Still Waffling on Amnesty. // Human Events;4/3/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p3
The article focuses on the approval of an immigration reform bill by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee that would convert illegal aliens into legal guest workers and give them a chance for citizenship. The bill does not include an amnesty for illegal aliens which would grant them any kind of...
- Immigration Markup Begins. Heil, Emily; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;3/4/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p37
The article focuses on the status of an immigration legislation at the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. The committee unanimously adopted a proposal that would tighten border security, require companies to verify their employees' legal status, and establish a guest-worker program, sponsored by...
- Statement on Senate Action on Immigration Reform Legislation. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/21/2013, p1
The article presents the statement given by U.S. President Barack Obama on May 21, 2013 commending the Senate Judiciary Committee for completing its work on Senate Bill 744 or the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act.
- Senate Republicans cripple immigration reform. // Human Events;4/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p5
Reports that a group of Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans has stripped from its immigration bill the proposed scale-backs of the family reunification program. Elimination of the entitlement to bring in adult children and countless siblings.
- Lawmakers advance pathway for immigration reform. Wyant, Sara // High Plains Journal;6/3/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 22, p7B
The article comments on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's approval of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013. It explains that the bill would require additional investment in protecting American borders and could provide a pathway to citizenship...
- Groups seek to alter immigration-reform bill. Aston, Geri // AHA News;3/18/96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p3
Reports that a coalition headed by the American Hospital Association (AHA) is working to strip from a US Senate Judiciary Committee bill a provision that would levy fees on employers, including hospitals, that hire legal foreign workers. Vote to split the immigration-reform measure into two...
- Funding for STEM Education Included in Senate Immigration Bill. // NSTA Express;5/20/2013, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee approved the changes to the Senate Immigration bill which includes the funding of 100 million dollars for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education.