Hey, Europe! Put Up â€¦
- Of Many Things. Christiansen, Drew // America;2/20/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses several issues related to the victory of the Hamas Party in the 2006 elections in Palestine. It presents the demands made by the U.S., European Union, Russia and United Nations on the new Palestinian government and reports the response of Hamas to those demands. It...
- A 'not terrible' deal and its discontents. Bloomfield, Douglas M. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/23/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 30, p17
In this article, the author discusses his concerns over Iran nuclear agreement, and also mentions the danger of use of nuclear weapons by Iran to assist the organization Harakat al-Muqawamah al-Islamiyah.
- HAMAS-EU. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);6/10/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4870, p13
The article reports on the announcement of Hamas, an Islamist Palestinian group, regarding the European Union (EU) team that monitors the crossing border in Rafah and the proposal of France on EU team monitoring ships headed to Gaza and another team supervising the crossing point of Rafah.
- French-Israeli Demands EU Protection from Hamas. // Middle East Quarterly;Winter2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p76
The article reports on a lawsuit brought by a French-Israeli citizen against the European Union requiring that he be afforded protection from Hamas, a Palestinian organization.
- Hamas in Transition. DeAtkine, Norvell B. // American Diplomacy;3/21/2012, p1
A review of the article "Hamas in Transition" by STRATFOR which appeared in the March 21, 2012 issues of "American Diplomacy" is presented.
- When the vote goes the 'wrong' way. // National Catholic Reporter;2/24/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p24
The article reports on the speculation that the U.S. and Israel are plotting to destabilize the newly elected Hamas government in Palestine. The plot is attributed to the record of Hamas as a terrorist group. The election of Hamas government is considered as a challenge to Israel and to the...
- PALESTINIAN-ELECTIONS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);2/3/2011, Vol. 195 Issue 5027, p10
The article reports on the announcement of Hamas to boycott the 2011 municipal elections declared by the Palestinian Authority (PA) stating that holding elections is inappropriate as there is still a lack of consensus between Hamas and Fatah.
- PALESTINIANS-ELECTIONS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);2/9/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4786, p12
The article reports on the perception by Islamist group Hamas that the local elections for July 2010 called by the West Bank-based Palestinian government was illegitimate.
- Extreme Victory. Peraino, Kevin; Ephron, Dan; Chen, Joanna; Hirsh, Michael; Wolffe, Richard // Newsweek;2/6/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p26
The article reports on the victory of terrorist group Hamas in the Palestinian Authority elections. President George W. Bush has said he will not continue to send aid to the PA if Hamas does not renounce terrorism and its stated antagonism towards Israel. The West is in a holding pattern...