World's Worst Disease
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // Atlantic (02769077);May91, Vol. 267 Issue 5, p8
Discusses various issues of interest to the readers of the May 1991 issue of 'The Atlantic Monthly' journal. Economics; Principle of local thinking; Housing.
- Limited resources, Limitless Imagination. Gittens, Cheryl Nyhara // Barbados Business Catalyst;Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p25
The article presents the author's views on how to live life and work having limited resources. She discusses the difference between thought and the manifestation of thought. She lists nine things that the creative mind can make possible in facing limited resources which include reconsidering...
- GOAL GETTERS. // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jan2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p15
This article presents philosophical thoughts on leadership. A leader can avoid spending money on a personal coach by developing a powerful coaching process. Trust underlies how an individual interacts with his or her family, friends and co-employees. Real wealth lies within one's self, not with...
- Selecting Psychotherapeutic Interventions: Enhancing Outcomes in Adlerian Psychotherapy. Sperry, Len // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall2009, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p286
Clients with a limited capacity for consequential thinking and histories of failure to learn from mistakes often have difficulty responding to specific cognitively oriented interventions (e.g., cognitive restructuring) largely because of a mismatch between the intervention and the client's...
- THINGS YOU SHOULD STOP WORRYING ABOUT, BUT CAN'T. Feuer, Michel // Smart Business Atlanta;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p30
The article offers the author's views on the issue concerning the negative thoughts of executives following a meeting with an important client and their negative impacts. He mentions that these thoughts may lead to analysis paralysis and overwhelmingly questioning an individual's judgment...
- Reading Minds. Lovas, Michael // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p66
Examines the client's mental filters to understand how they think. Discussion on the two most important mental filters, procedures and standards.
- THE road to clarity. DUFFY, BRIAN // Addiction Professional;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p14
The article presents an overview of the role that talk therapy and the use of journals can play in helping substance abuse treatment clients make sense of their own thoughts and reach treatment related goals. In the article the author offers his opinions on talk therapy, the use of journals and...
- TAKE TIME TO THINK. Lumsden, Sian; Mitchell, Ian // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2015, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p58
The article opines that leaders and managers can spark transformational change through the simple but often overlooked practice of strategic real-time thinking. Topics include the quality of attention given to each other determining the quality of their thinking, the need to create an...
- IN PRAISE OF DEAD MEN: A MEMOIR. Clower, Robert W. // Journal of the History of Economic Thought;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p499
Pays tribute to people who contributed to the development of the author's creative thought in economics. Authors; Academic profession; Economic historians.