The Rising Tide of GREEN
- Welcome to the New Era. Hutlock, Todd // Healthcare Building Ideas;Winter2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the changes on the publications made to the magazine "Healthcare Building Ideas" in the U.S. He cites that the editorial portion of the magazine will focus on the key relationships between the construction, engineering and design teams. He further states that Building...
- AN ENGINEER'S ROLE IN THE LEED PROCESS. Ross-Bain, Jeff // Environmental Design & Construction;May2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p84
The article discusses the important participation of engineers in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design program of the U.S. Green Building Council. The LEED project has been successful because of the use of integrated design that architects and engineers build. Engineers' awareness...
- Disrupting green building. Yudelson, Jerry // Sustainable Industries;Sep/Oct2012, Issue 103, p5
The article discusses the status of developments in green buildings. It describes the slow development and innovations in the field of architecture, engineering and construction that would reportedly impact the industry. It suggests sources of ideas for new design and approaches including...
- PROCURING AND DESIGNING SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS. Strong, David // Contract Journal;5/2/2007, Vol. 438 Issue 6623, Special section p09
The article discusses the problems associated with the construction of sustainable building. The author argues that while the basic principles underlying sustainable buildings are straightforward, poor design often means buildings have unnecessarily high environmental impacts. Delivering...
- SCORE ONE FOR LEED. Tarricone, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p47
Focuses on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System. Benefits offered by the LEED certification; Evolution of the LEED system; Buildings which received certification. INSET: Alphabet SOUP.
- Roofs and the Environment. Heffernan, Virginia // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Dec2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p35
Discusses green roofing, a roofing system designed to preserve the environment, conserve energy and extend the life of the roof. Programs of the National Research Council of Canada designed to help the roofing industry become more environmentally benign; Pros and cons of ethylene propylene...
- Building GREEN. Vanovich, Michael M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p5
Deals with issues concerning green building in the U.S. engineering industry as of February 2005. Increase in the involvement of engineers in green building; Advantages of green design in minimizing environmental impacts of buildings; Creation of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental...
- A PHYSICAL AFFAIR. McDonell, Geoff // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the significance of sustainable building engineering. Determinants of sustainable design; Role of building service engineers in the system applications; Human comfort considerations.
- Living Building Challenge 2.0 Unveiled. LESTER, MARGOT CARMICHAEL // Architect;Dec2009, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the launch of the 2.0 version of the Living Building Challenge (LBC) by the International Living Building Institute and the Cascadia Region Green Building Council in the U.S.