Why we agreed to step into the breach
- A catalyst for change. Choi, Stephen; Flegel, Ken; Kendall, Claire; Palepu, Anita; Wooltorton, Eric; Murray, Sally; Barrowman, Nick // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/28/2006, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p901
Reports on the termination of John Hoey and Anne Marie Todkill from the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" on February 20, 2006. Implications of the termination for the journal; Contributions of Hoey and Todkill to the journal; Reaction of other editors of the journal to the termination.
- CMAJ owner fails to guarantee editorial independence. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/11/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7541, p565
This article reports on the firings of John Hoey, the editor, and Anne Marie Todkill, the deputy editor, of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ). Shortly after the firings, an ad hoc committee of the journal's editorial board published a highly critical commentary on the editorial...
- Sackings put editorial freedom on the spot. Marris, Emma // Nature;3/2/2006, Vol. 440 Issue 7080, p10
The article reports on the request filed by the Canadian Medical Association editorial board members to reinstate John Hoey, former editor of the association and his deputy Anne Marie Todkill. There were found differences between the association's journal editors and the association over...
- CMA draw criticism for sacking editors. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/4/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7540, p503
The article comments on the firing of two top editors from the journal of the Canadian Medical Association (CMAJ), which has drawn harsh international criticism. Many from the editorial and scientific communities view the actions as an assault on editorial independence. Graham Morris, the...
- Acting CMAJ editor appointed. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/28/2006, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p914
Reports on the personnel changes at the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" as of March 2006. Appointment of Noni McDonald as acting editor-in-chief; Issues surrounding the termination of John Hoey and Anne Marie Todkill as editors of the journal; Role of former Supreme Court Justice...
- CMAJ editorial board members vent anger at lack of openness. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/18/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7542, p624
The article focuses on editorial board members at the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ), who plan to resign over a lack of openness surrounding the firing of editor-in-chief John Hoey and deputy editor Anne Marie Todkill. The firings are part of structural changes being implemented at...
- Dr. Bruce Squires, 1934-2011: CMAJ editor, mentor and friend. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/14/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p1004
An obituary for doctor Bruce Squires, editor-in-chief of the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ), is presented.
- Strontium-90. TODKILL, ANNE MARIE // Arc Poetry Magazine;Summer2014, Issue 74, p23
The poem "Strontium-90," by Anne Marie Todkill is presented. First Line: Campaigning for peace, their mothers gathered teeth: Last Line: and pinned on their badges: I gave my tooth to science.
- Reflections of an Associate Editor: Tighter Scope, Tougher Standards, Making a Difference. Stohier, Christian S. // Journal of Orofacial Pain;Fall2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p281
The editorial presents the author's thoughts regarding the external pressures facing associate editors as of October 2005. The large number of submissions received by journals such as the "Journal of Orofacial Pain" for peer review is mentioned, as well as the tendency for authors to submit...