TOLUENE TAKES A SPELL IN THE DRIVING SEAT
- Spot Toluene Surges Past Benzene. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p44
The article reports on an increase in prices for toluene in Europe in April 2006. The primary factor that triggered the price increase is the increasing gasoline demand in the U.S., coupled with the phasing out of methyl ten-butyl ether as a blend-stock. Hence, aromatics producers in Europe...
- Benzene Sets Another New Record, Styrene Struggles. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 24, p23
Reports on an increase in benzene prices due to demand and production glitches at various benzene plants across the world in July 2004. Suggestion for buyers; Impact on styrene compounds.
- Markets face up to hikes. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2137, p10
Reports on the increase in contract prices of benzene and styrene in the European market as of March 2005. Comparison between the contract prices of benzene and styrene; Factors that contributed to the increase in prices of benzene; Forecast on the global demand for benzene in 2009.
- Coming to terms. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/6/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p60
Looks at the performance of aromatics business in Asia in 2001. Spot prices for benzene, toluene and mixed xylenes in 2001; Average operating rate of paraxylene in Japan in 2001.
- Comparison of aromatic hydrocarbon measurements made by PTR-MS, DOAS and GC-FID in Mexico City during the MCMA 2003 field experiment. Jobson, B. T.; Volkamer, R.; Velasco, E.; Allwine, G.; Westberg, H.; Lamb, B.; Alexander, M. L.; Berkowitz, C. M.; Molina, L. T. // Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics Discussions;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p19641
A comparison of aromatic hydrocarbon measurements is reported for the CENICA supersite in the district of Iztapalapa during the Mexico City Metropolitan Area field experiment in April 2003 (MCMA 2003). Data from three different measurement methods were compared, a proton transfer reaction mass...
- Phenol in tug-of-war. // Asian Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 391, p33
Presents information on the prices of several aromatic compounds as of March 2003. Benzene; Toluene; Styrene; Paraxylene; Orthoxylene.
- Boost for benzene, toluene. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 439, p23
Reports on the increase in prices of benzene and toluene in the world market. Factors affecting the price of toluene and benzene; Difference between the U.S. and Asian prices of the products; Factors that were expected to help increase Asian prices.
- Calculations of the geometry and binding energy of aromatic dimers: Benzene, toluene, and toluene—benzene[ATOTHER]@f[/ATOTHER]
). Schauer, Mark; Bernstein, E. R. // Journal of Chemical Physics;4/15/1985, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p3722
Calculations of the geometries and energies of the benzene, toluene, and tolueneâ€“benzene dimers using a combination of atomâ€“atom and multipolar potentials are presented and discussed. An exponential-six atomâ€“atom potential plus a molecular quadrupoleâ€“quadrupole...
- Aromatics Profits Lifted by Strong Q3 Benzene Performance. Chadwick, Keith // Chemical Market Reporter;10/02/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the increase in the base aromatics margins for the third quarter of 2000. Increase in global benzene prices since early 1999; Percentage increase in United States benzene consumption; Decrease in toluene spot prices; Outlook for the fourth quarter.