Pricey oil always a bad thing?
- Russia is Top Oil Producer. Marphatia, Ravi // Paintindia;Aug2008, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p70
The article reports that Russia is the largest producer of crude oil in the world. It states that the country is a step ahead of Saudi Arabia, the leading crude oil producer in the Middle East. It notes that the price of crude oil has reached the highest price of $147 per barrel. It also...
- Oil at near record highs. Skeffington, Robert // BRW;3/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p81
Cites the increase in the price of crude oil in the U.S.
- PRICES & PEOPLE. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/27/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 10, p20
Presents charts depicting prices of petroleum products.
- OPEC oil-price optimism. Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;8/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p81
Reports that oil prices could fall in 2005 because of higher overall production and more reliable supplies from Iraq, Russia and Venezuela according to Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries president Purnomo Yusgiantoro.
- Prices edge up. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/27/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the increase in oil prices for the week ending June 25, 2006. Concerns over supply disruptions in Nigeria and the threat of sanctions being imposed on Iran over its nuclear programme have affected oil prices. The percentage of crude stocks has declined in the week ending...
- Cool weather keeps oil prices hot. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/17/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the increase in oil prices in the first week of trading in January 1997. Continued cold weather in Europe as main influence on prices; Effect of the return of Iraqi oil; Market outlook from the Washington-based Petroleum Finance Co.
- Fill 'Er Up? Schisgall, Stuart // Junior Scholastic;2/11/2008, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p6
The article offers information regarding economic and environmental concerns surrounding global petroleum prices.
- Energy update. Siddiqi, Moin A. // Middle East;Mar99, Issue 288, p25
Presents an analysis of global oil market trends in 1999. Average price of Brent blend in 1998; Influence of the supply-glut, weak energy demand and economic stagnation on the performance of the oil sector; Need for increased demand for Asia and the Pacific.
- Crude crisis: Trouble in the oil patch. Tyson, Ray // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun94, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
Reports on effects of low crude prices to the petroleum industry of Alaska. Oil production reports; Company income reports; Industry problems; Budgeting plans.