Will the price push fizzle out?
- DSM, BASF to form joint venture in polyester resins. // Chemical Business;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the joint venture on polyester resins between Dutch chemical company DSM NV and German chemical company BASF AG called DSM-BASF Structural Resins. Terms of the deal; Production plans; Targeted starting date of operations.
- Restructuring moves a step forward with DSM-BASF venture. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/1/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 17, p28
Reports on the merger of DSM and BASF. Merger as a boost to Europe's unsaturated polyester resins industry; Market players in Europe; Background on the American market; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- DSM and BASF join forces. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p22
Reports on DSM's joint venture with BASF for an unsaturated polyester resins project. Creation of a new company called DSM-BASF Structural Resins; Control of 20 percent of the European market for unsaturated polyester resins sector.
- BASF signs letter to buy DSM ABS. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/26/98, Vol. 254 Issue 17, p8
Discusses BASF's plan to acquire DSM's business in acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). Company's desire to double its share of the European market for the copolymer; Companies' signing of a letter of intent for the sale of the DSM operation; BASF as one of the world's leading producers of...
- DSM Resins buys half of China Up venture. // Plastics News;2/10/1997, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p22
Reports on the purchase of BASF AG's share in a Chinese joint venture by DSM Resins of Zwolle. Information on Jinling Petrochemical Company.
- Naphtha prices not affected by oil liberalization. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;8/5/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 29, p12
Reports that Brazil's decision to liberalize domestic petroleum prices will not affect the cost of naphtha, the basic feedstock for three major petrochemical crackers of the country. Implication of Brazil's move to let domestic oil prices float in relation to United States Gulf Coast prices;...
- Naphtha threatens margins. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;5/10/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2099, p10
Reports on the economic volatility and uncertainty in the European olefins markets in 2004. Price of naphtha and Brent crude oil; Reasons for the increases in naphtha prices; Factors that contributed to the increased oil prices.
- Hikes chased but there are mixed results. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p15
The article reports that the Europe-Asia naphtha arbitrage has closed as prices firmed on high crude oil futures and transport costs due to the political crisis in Egypt and piracy fears in the North Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p27
The article focuses on the impact of the rising crude oil prices on chemical feedstocks. Soaring crude oil prices are driving chemical feedstocks higher. Continuing geopolitical concerns in Iraq and Iran drove oil prices to hit the low-$90's/bbl last week, analysts say. In Europe, naphtha prices...