Old Dogs, New Dogs, and Learning from Our Peers
- Notice of Retraction. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that the "Journal of Financial Planning" is officially retracting a story in the October 2005 issue entitled "Passive Investing: The Emperor Exposed?" The article, which was written by Christopher Carosa, questioned the accuracy of the idea that actively managed portfolios...
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on the subjects of the "Journal of Financial Planning" that were published ten years back. The journal carried articles on how to serve the client looking to invest in a socially responsible style, whether age-weighted profit-sharing plans were the preferred retirement plan...
- TEN YEARS AGO IN THE JOURNAL. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p21
Presents highlights of the April 1998 issue of the `Journal of Financial Planning.' Prediction that tax rates would climb; Articles focusing on passive losses and estate freezes; Other articles.
- Sign of a Maturing Profession. Tuttle, Marv // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p10
Cites the `Journal of Financial Planning' as a barometer of the financial planning profession's growth. Author's recollection of the jou
- Correction. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p20
This section presents corrections to the article Portfolio Analysis in the Crosshairs, which appeared in the November 2002 issue of the "Journal of Financial Planning."
- A New Day, A New Challenge. Tuttle, Mary // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
Presents an introduction to the articles published in the January 2000 issue of the "Journal of Financial Planning."
- Journal of FINANCIAL PLANNING. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p15
The article announces that "10 Questions with Dr. Henry Cloud on Integrity" will be in next month's "Journal of Financial Planning." Dr. Cloud is a clinical psychologist who says that integrity can grow along with character development.
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p21
The article provides information about the "Journal of Financial Planning" in the past 10 years in the U.S. According to the author, the journal brought articles that elaborated how couples living in community property states could lower down future income taxes on property titled as community...
- Planning Advice for Every Life Stage. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;May2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p6
An interview with financial planner Ross Levin in the U.S. is presented. Levin offers tips for different types of investors on how to manage their portfolios in the wake of the economic crisis. He offers insights on what kinds of investment products should pre-retirees and retirees invest in. He...