A Note From the Editor
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Babbili, Anantha // Journalism & Communication Monographs;Winter2005, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p149
Focuses on the January 2005 issue of the periodical "Journalism & Communication Monographs." Finding that reviewers felt strongly about retaining as much text as the authors presented; View that some authors are receptive to suggestion for changes in the periodical; Information about a panel...
- DoubleTake's Documentary Ideals: A Review Essay. Bezner, Lili Corbus // Southern Quarterly;Winter1997, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p93
Reviews the periodical 'DoubleTake.'
- Serial Publications Review Task Force offers statement of principles for review by membership. // Spectra;Nov1998, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p4
This article relates the issues that were raised by the Serial Publications Review Task Force regarding the association's serial publication program. An initial review reveals a publications program that is strong, vigorous, and diverse. At the same time, the task force discovered circumstances...
- ANNOUNCEMENTFUTURE MONOGRAPHS. // Quest (00336297);Jan1974, Vol. 21, p76
The article presents information on the XXIII and XXIV issues of the periodical "Quest." It is reported that the XXIII issue of the periodical will mainly deal with the philosophy of movement. The article invites authors to submit poetry, photographs and other graphic representations of movement...
- Keeping Serials Cataloging Costs In Check. Spalding, C. Sumner // Library Resources & Technical Services;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 51, p13
The article discusses the differences between using monograph and serials in libraries. Implementing the use of serials makes the cataloging costly enough. Serials as compared to monograph is very different not only in their intrinsic characteristics but also in the way they are used in...
- PLANS FOR THE ARNOLD AND CAROLINE ROSE MONOGRAPH SERIES. // American Sociologist;Nov68, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p314
The article presents the plans for the Monograph Series which were approved by the American Sociological Association Committee on Publications. The full name of the Monograph Series is "American Sociological Association--Arnold and Caroline Rose Monograph Series in Sociology." Each monograph...
- ARL Reports on Serials Crisis. Quinn, Judy; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p16
Reports that while median serials spending has been rising, the prices paid by libraries for subscriptions has also been rising, according to the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in "ARL Statistics." Idea that the rise in serials costs has inhibited growth in library acquisitions; The...
- IbÃ©rica. Lauer, A. Robert // CalderÃ³n: The Imagery of Tragedy;1991, following p223
The article presents information on "IbÃ©rica" which is a series of scholarly monographs which focuses upon sixteenth- and seventeenth-century Hispanic Theater. Accordingly, it welcomes historical and cultural studies which would enhance one's understanding of the Comedia as a European phenomenon.
- Introduction. // Spanish Journal of Rural Development;Jul2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including on rural development, increased subscription of the journal, and monographic issues.