- A Note From the Editors. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p105
The April 2004 issue of the "Journal of Teaching in Physical Education" is focused on sport education as an alternative for students who had not been previously interested in more traditional physical education programs. Sport education in this context supports the benefits of team affiliation...
- Impact Factors for the Journal of Teaching in Physical Education--What Are They and Are They Important? McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
The author reflects on the importance of impact factors of the "Journal of Teaching in Physical Education (JTPE)." Impact factor helps evaluate a journal's importance and the criteria for assessing its quality in the scientific and educational community. Citing on this, he argued that...
- A Note From the Editors. Blankenship, Bonnie Tjeerdsma; Solmon, Melinda // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p269
Presents an introduction to articles on physical education that are published in the 2004 issue of the "Journal of Teaching in Physical Education."
- A Note From the Editors. Blankenship, Bonnie Tjeerdsma; Solmon, Melinda // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p203
Presents an introduction to articles that appeared in the July 2005 issue of "Journal of Teaching in Physical Education."
- `Modernizing physical education's corporate image'. Zeigler, Earle F. // Physical Educator;Fall91, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p114
Editorial. Comments on the challenges that the field of sport and physical education in the United States faces. Need for modernizing physical education's image; Understanding change process; Choice of an emblem; Need to develop marketing to make public understand workings of the National...
- And speaking of standards, P.E. teachers draft their own. // Curriculum Review;Dec94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the first draft of national standards and assessments for school physical education released by the National Association for Sport & Physical Education. Source of funds; Contents; Contact information.
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR SPORT AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION SALUTES NEW WHITE HOUSE OFFICE OF OLYMPIC, PARALYMPIC AND YOUTH SPORT. // Kentucky Newsletter for Health, Physical Education, Recreation &;Fall2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on teaching the importance of professionally trained coaches to the American public for quality sport experiences for which the new Office of Olympic, Paralympic and Youth Sport operate under the organization National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE).
- 46 states mandate P.E., but only four found to require classes in all grades. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;11/3/93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the National Association for Sport and Physical Education findings on the number of states requiring students in all grades to enroll in physical education classes. Basis of the report titled `The Shape of the Nation'; States with no mandates for P.E.; Association of physical...
- Gym Class Makeover. S.C. // Natural Health;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the alternative physical education program developed by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education in the United States. Dropping of traditional competitive gym class activities; Offering of power walking, rock climbing and yoga courses; Attractiveness of activities to...