Why Robert Iger Really Needs Steve Jobs
- The Gadget That Transformed TV. Baumann, Greg // Television Week;10/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p13
The article discusses how the iTunes deal between Apple and Disney last year of 2005 changed television broadcasting. Apple Computer CEO Steven Jobs and Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger announced on October 12, 2005 that the world could watch ABC TV hits on the iPod media player. Audience are...
- Now playing: ABC series on iPod. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/18/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 21, p72
This article reports that Apple Computer Inc. on Wednesday unveiled its video iPod device and a groundbreaking distribution deal with the Walt Disney Co. for top ABC and Disney Channel series. Apple Computer chief Steve Jobs introduced a fifth-generation iPod that displays video at a news...
- LIKE TWO PEAS IN A 'POD. Cohen, David S. // Variety;10/17/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 9, p5
Reports on a deal to play Disney-produced shows on iPod as revealed by Apple CEO Steve Jobs in September 2005. Role of Bob Iger, CEO for Mouseketeer, in the deal; Effects of the video download offering on DVD-video disc sales; Preference of the motion picture industry for streaming...
- Rosie on trial. Stahel, T.H. // America;11/24/1990, Vol. 163 Issue 16, p408
Recommends several television programs to viewers. `Shannon's Deal' (NBC) which is due to reappear at midseason; ABC's Saturday night programs `China Beach' and `Twin Peaks'; CBS's `Trials of Rosie O'Neill' is appealing despite its preachiness.
- The Real Deal. // People;7/31/95, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p13
Reviews the television program `The Real Deal,' starring John Caponera, Kevin Pollak, Robert Wuhl, Allan Harvey and John Mendoza.
- ...John Sayles... Schine, C. // Vogue;Apr90, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p264
Reviews a new NBC television series, `Shannon's Deal' created by filmmaker John Sayles. Jamey Sheridan plays lead role.
- `The Real Deal'. Letofsky, Irv // Hollywood Reporter;7/27/95, Vol. 338 Issue 13, p10
Reviews the television program `The Real Deal,' produced and directed by Scott Preston.
- Trump vs. Stern: The unmaking of a documentary. Diamond, E. // New York;9/4/89, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p30
Discusses the documentary on Donald Trump, `What's the Deal?' Covers the rivalry between financial backer Leonard Stern and Donald Trump; Problems for the documentary.
- Timely smack across the sensibilities. Gilling, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/25/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6026, p85
Features `Dealing With the Demon,' a three-part documentary program by Chris Hilton in ABC. Repetitive script; Clear and compelling investigation of a problem; Eccentric characters.