Shifting shops into overdrive
- ARRIVING AT A CANTER. Barnett, Colin // Commercial Motor;8/18/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5141, p64
Reports on the availability of Mitsubishi Fuso Canter truck in Great Britain. Interior features; Chassis weights and measures; Performance.
- STATIC LOAD ANALYSIS OF TATA-407 CHASSIS--AN APPROACH. Choudhari, Chetan J.; Lodhi, Akash; Gawande, Kushal; Singh, Udbhav // Golden Research Thoughts;Mar2012, Vol. 1 Issue 9, Special section p1
As the number of components like engine, suspension, differential etc. and payload are placed on the truck chassis it is essentially the backbone of truck structure. To sustain and carry various loads under different conditions it must be robust and light weight in design. This paper presents an...
- VETERANS. // Motor Transport;1/19/2006, p20
The article presents information on the long-wheelbase Reo truck which dates from 1938. It has a normal control chassis. There is restriction in its driver's forward visibility.
- Honda Life proves safe bet. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Nov2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the frontal body framing structure designed by Montegi, Japan-based Honda Motor Co. for its Life minicar series to reduce the amount of damage caused in either head-on or offset impact. Changes in the design and layout of the frame structure; Levels of safety provided by the structure.
- Dutch treat. // Commercial Motor;5/5/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5127, p70
Focuses on the status of the used vehicles market in the Netherlands. Factor that influenced the Dutch traders to develop an export market for used trucks; Increase in the number of chassis being imported by the country; Estimated number of used vehicles a year being imported by BAS.
- FasTrack back. // Fleet Owner;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p55
The article reports on the relaunching of FasTrack program with the creation of FasTrack truck which has new chassis by Workhorse Custom Chassis, one of the leading chassis manufacturers for motor homes and commercial step vans. The initiative offers integrated walk-in trucks which is easy for...
- SPACE ODYSSEY. // Truck & Driver;May2003, p96
The article focuses on the 530hp 6x2 Actros Mega Space truck. On the rear cab wall above the standard single bunk is a tailor-made kitchen and cupboard unit. The nicely formed grey unit houses a Samsung microwave, a surprisingly deep fridge in the nearside corner and several additional storage...
- Autocar plant unveils first truck. // Waste News;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p24
The first trucks rolled out the doors this Summer at the new Autocar production facility in Hagerstown, Indiana. The event marked the first time in 50 years that Autocar trucks are being built in their own production facility. The first trucks were an Xpeditor WXLL64 and a WXR64 right-hand-drive...
- International offers 2wd giant pickup. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;2/14/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6134, p34
This article reports that International Truck and Engine Corp., is expanding its lineup with two-wheel-drive giant-sized pickups based on its medium-duty truck chassis. The RXT goes on sale this fall. It is a more accessible version of the four-wheel-drive International CXT that counts some...