Up, Up, and Awayï¿½Eventually
- MY AIRLINE. Owen, David // New Yorker;7/7/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 20, p49
The author laments the instigation of fees that some airlines are charging for luggage and counters that he will begin to charge fees for large customers who are seated next to him on the plane. Passengers seated next to him who have not brought reading material will be provided with something...
- Flying fits. Beddingfield, Katie; Danyliw, Norie Q. // National Geographic Traveler;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p28
Talks about the penalties for on-air tantrums. Increased incidence of `air rage'; Obnoxious behavior as a federal crime; Efforts of airlines to get tough on unruly fliers; `Yellow cards' handed out by British Airways to disruptive fliers.
- 2013's Parade Of Intoxicated People On Planes. // AVweb;1/7/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2A, p6
The article reports on the multiple incidents of drunk, violently disruptive passengers in airlines including an American Eagle pilot, during the first week of 2013.
- Superheroes do it in disguise. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;10/5/2001, p60
Features the low-fare kulula.com flight for travellers in South Africa. Physical description of the kulula.com flight; Intention of creating a niche in budget travel; Evaluation of operations and employees of kulula. INSET: THE SMALLS, by Paul Pereira..
- Latin America lucrative for airline marketers. Zbar, Jeffery D.; Bedingfield, Jo // Advertising Age International;Sep96, pI16
Reports on the competition among airline carriers for market share in Latin America. Launching of business class service by Brazil national airline Varig; Advertising of timely arrivals and friendly service by AeroMexico and Mexicana; Use of co-branding methods to boost consumer awareness.
- Most-Wanted Award Seats--And How to Get Them. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Jun99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Discusses how to avail award seats from airlines in the United States. Value of total coach award spots booked by major airlines in 1998; Carrier that provided the highest proportion of free seats; Factors that put some fliers' mileage currency at risk.
- Route changes. // Travel Agent;10/14/96, Vol. 283 Issue 9, p52
No abstract available.
- Security Roundup. // Air Safety Week;9/25/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p6
This article presents a chart of incidents that occurred in the aviation industry worldwide, including a delay in flight of a Northwest Airlines 757 at Fairbanks International Airport.
- Bombardier's Retreat Reflects European Malaise. Taverna, Michael A.; Barrie, Douglas // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/27/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the European Flexjet fractional ownership program in Europe. Benefits of the fractional program; Terms of agreement; Payment per flight.