So Sue Me
- Minor Accidents Can Lead to Major Apathy. DALLESSANDRO, MICHAEL P. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the importance of investigating small accidents as they pave way to even more problems. According to the author, the reason why minor accidents are not investigated and properly documented is due to the certain damage threshold one have set in his mind. He adds that the...
- Look Inside a Firehouse! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Describes the routine of firefighters inside a fire station.
- When seeing red is a good thing. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/22/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 34, pA2
The article announces that the Collinsville Fire Department in Illinois will be participating in the Red Shirts Fridays national initiative where every firefighter will wear red shirts on Fridays beginning August 2012 as a way of showing support to the men and women serving in the U.S. military.
- LACK OF TRAINING, EQUIPMENT LEAD TO FATAL FIRES IN DETROIT. Claxton, Melvin; Hurt, Charles // IRE Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the problems posed by inadequate training and equipment of firefighters in Detroit, Michigan.
- MANAGING THE PROBATIONARY FIREFIGHTER. Avillo, Anthony // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the ways in managing probationary firefighters. Upgrading of a firefighter; Obligations of the fire department on recruited firefighters; Orientation period of recruited firefighters.
- HEY, I'M STILL ASKING! Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p144
Discusses issues concerning the tactics of fire departments. Importance of a roll call for on-duty firefighters; Preparedness of the staff in a fire department; Duties and responsibilities of a fire personnel.
- WHEN TO 'SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.' Wallace, Mark // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p175
Discusses the factors that should be focused on by firefighters. Types of fire departments; Factors that influence the duty performance of firefighters; Characteristics of a responsible firefighter.
- Most diverse class of new firefighters in dep't history. BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL R. // Filipino Reporter;8/2/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p20
In this article, the author talks about the appointment of several probationary fire fighters in New York City in 2013, who will undergo a training program at the Fire Academy of the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY).
- Quick-acting firefighters save day. Merculief, John S. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/28/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p2
The article reports that the 23 firefighters sent by the Wharton Fire Department enable to control the fire at Briar Pointe Apartments which kept the unfortunate accident to turn into a disaster.