High-dose vitamin C therapy: Renewed hope or false promise?
- Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases. Padayatty, Sebastian J.; Riordan, Hugh D.; Hewitt, Stephen M.; Katz, Arie; Hoffer, L. John; Levine, Mark // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/28/2006, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p937
Early clinical studies showed that high-dose vitamin C, given by intravenous and oral routes, may improve symptoms and prolong life in patients with terminal cancer. Double-blind placebo-controlled studies of oral vitamin C therapy showed no benefit. Recent evidence shows that oral...
- The Almost Perfect Chemotherapy. Houston, Reagan // Townsend Letter;Aug/Sep2015, Issue 385/386, p61
The article discusses the concept of the Almost Perfect Chemotherapy (APC). A list of the aims of the APC is provided. Also mentioned are the background on the APC, the effect of a diet with too much sugar or processed carbohydrates, an overview of Doctor Abram Hoffer's multivitamin regiment for...
- Changes In Worker Fatigue After Vitamin C Administration. Hang-Hwan Yeom; Gyou Chul Jung; Sang Woo Shin; Sun Hyun Kim; Jong Soon Choi; Whang Jae Lee; Kang, Jae S.; Keun Jeong Song // Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine;2008 4th Quarter, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p205
The article discusses a study which found that vitamin C administration reduces fatigue symptoms and improves blood tests with fatigue in workers. According to the article, the main goal of the study was to evaluate changes in fatigue in workers after vitamin C administration. 44 workers who...
- Two Anticancer Mechanisms of Vitamins in Humans A Review. Houston, Reagan // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jun2003, Issue 239, p104
Reviews anticancer mechanisms of vitamins in humans, with focus on vitamin C. Ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate as two common forms of vitamin C; Abram Hoffer's vitamin regimen; Multiple compounds as cancer therapy; Vitamins with radiation and chemotherapy.
- Take 2 Days Off a Cold. // Prevention;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p64
Recommends that use of vitamin C can shorten the duration of a cold. How much vitamin C to take; Effects of vitamin C on blood histamine.
- Sixteen-Year History with High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for Various Types of Cancer and Other Diseases. Jackson, James A.; Riordan, Hugh D.; Bramhall, Nancy L.; Neathery, Sharon // Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine;2002 2nd Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p117
Tackles the controversies concerning the use of vitamin C treatment for various types of cancer and diseases. Physiological effects of vitamin C; Synthesis and metabolism of vitamin C based on body weight; Types of cancer that benefits from vitamin C treatment.
- Cancer Treatment And Vitamin C: The Debate Lingers. Gottlieb, Nicole // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;12/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 24, p2073
Examines the effectiveness of vitamin C in treating cancer. Effects of vitamin C on chemotherapy and radiation; Impact of vitamin C supplementation on tumor growth; Components of cancer treatment.
- Cancer and Vitamin C Therapy for Patients. Houston, Reagan // Townsend Letter;Aug/Sep2007, Issue 289/290, p92
The article discusses the importance of vitamin C therapy in treating cancer patients. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI), vitamin C is a safe and effective means of killing cancer. This vitamin therapy provides patients with more energy, improved depression and anxiety, as...
- Calcium, Vitamin C Supplements May Help Protect Against Diabetes. Dye, D. // Life Extension;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses research which was reported in the periodical "Diabetes Care" and which found that the consumption of calcium and vitamin C supplements may help to protect the human body from diabetes.