The Gold In Net Neutrality
- RBOCs Prepare to Roll Out Video. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the preparation of telephone companies to offer video services to its customers in the U.S. Impact of the launch of the FiOS TV service by Verizon Communications to residents of Keller, Texas on the telecommunication industry; Reasons behind the failures of telecommunication...
- Cablevision unveils bundling offers. Anderson, Kathleen; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/22/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 22, p13
In the latest sign of the escalating battle between cable operators and telephone companies, Cablevision Systems Corp. launched aggressive limited-time promotional offers targeting customers who sign up for more than one of its services. Verizon and other telecom firms have been trying to win...
- LEC wireless CATV gets the go ahead. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the granting of permission by the Federal Communications Commission to local exchange carriers to offer wireless cable television (CATV) services within their territories. Offer of local multipoint distribution service by CellularVision; Bell Atlantic's intention to offer wireless...
- Telephone companies keeping video in play. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;07/21/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, pI-10
Editorial. Comments on the efforts of telephone companies to get into the cable business. Experiments of telephone companies with building cable television (TV) networks; Statement from Brian Blevins, spokesman for GTE Corporation.
- Cable's HSD Market Share Hit 57%. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the control of cable operators on the majority of high speed data market in the U.S. as of June 30, 2002 according to data by Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Plans of FCC to draft broadband policies in favor of cable operators and phone companies; Growth rate of cable...
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Branch lines. Rubenstein, Roy // Total Telecom Magazine;May2009, p24
The article reports that multi-system cable operators (MSOs) in the U.S. and Europe are upgrading their networks to become wireless networks which heightens its competition with telecommunications companies. It notes that most MSOs are further advanced when it comes to networks to offer...
- Mexico preps phone-cable pact. Hecht, John // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 19, p6
The article states that Jorge Alvarez, undersecretary of the Mexican Communications and Transport Ministry, announced that the publication of a convergence agreement in August 2006 would allow Mexican cable operators and phone companies to offer traditional triple-play services. Alvarez said...