- Energy Sparks New Issues. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;May/Jun2001, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the move of the energy-related companies to capitalize on the anticipated increase in generating capacity in the United States. Demand of the consumer for energy; Need of a power plant by the country; Estimation of energy demand by the Department of Energy.
- UtiliCorp Agrees to Sale of West Virginia Power to Allergheny. // Worldwide Energy;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p8
Reveals that the energy company UtiliCorp United has agreed to the sale of its West Virginia Power division to Allegheny Energy Incorporated in the United States.
- World Digest. // Modern Power Systems;Jul2000, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
Presents a roundup of articles relating to the energy industry as of July 2000. Inclusion of a report by Frost and Sullivan showing the value of the contribution of the North American renewable energy market from 1996 to 2006; Installation of an experimental CHP fuel cell system by Gaz de...
- Recent power industry contracts. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
Reports on developments concerning contracts in the energy industries worldwide as of March 2003. Terms of the contracts; Companies involved in the contracts; Implications on modern power systems.
- PROBLEMS AND PATHS OF DEVELOPMENT IN THE SOVIET POWER INDUSTRY. Makarov, A.A.; Melent'ev, L.A. // Problems of Economics;Mar82, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p75
Examines issues affecting the development of the Soviet Union power industry. Stages in the development of the economy's power supply; Changes in the volume and structure of energy consumption; Movement of the industry toward change in the expenditure of the final energy; Significance of...
- World digest. // Modern Power Systems;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p9
Reports on energy-related international events as of April 1999. Tender for Turkey's first nuclear power station which will not be awarded until after the elections; Chinese province of Guangdong considering construction of a liquefied natural gas import terminal; World Bank agreeing to support...
- ENERGY matters. Mazurkiewicz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/23/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 12, p6
Presents a compendium of energy facts and information. Inclusion of a poll conducted by Scripps Howard News Service and Ohio University on the percentage of Americans who believe that high energy prices will fade; Decision of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to buy a...
- Power Review. Richardson, Margaret // New Zealand Forest Industries;Feb2002, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on the implementation of reforms to acknowledge concerns on the performance of the electricity market in New Zealand. Transparency of generators with regard to pricing and projections of system adequacy; Problems on the integration of generators and retailers; Failure of the government...
- CALIFORNIA ISO CAUTIOSLY OPTIMISTIC FOR SUMMER POWER SUPPLY. // Worldwide Energy;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the optimism of the energy industry in California about the sufficiency of power supply in the state for summer 2002.