Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- Report Sets New Dietary Intake Levels for Calcium and Vitamin D to Maintain Health and Avoid Risks Associated With Excess. // Trends in Medical Research;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p78
No abstract available.
- DO YOU NEED A top-up? Kennedy, Emily // Alive;Oct2014, Issue 384, p59
The article offers information on common nutritional deficiencies. Included in the article are Vitamin D, its sources and mushrooms as oysters, organic shiitake, and button mushrooms to boost Vitamin D levels, calcium, its sources and recommended dietary allowance, and magnesium and its sources....
- Vitamin D and Schizophrenia. Cannell, John // Townsend Letter;May2010, Issue 322, p23
The article presents a newsletter which features letters and responses to research about schizophrenia and vitamin D. One of the letters featured focuses on the impact of adjuvant vitamin D on patients who are suffering from schizophrenia. Another letter asks about the effects of severe...
- The Vitamin D Dilemma. Garad, Rhonda // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and the costs of monitoring vitamin D levels in Australia and discusses the historical role of vitamin D and the role that it plays in human health. A discussion of people who are at risk for vitamin D deficiency, and of the factors...
- Vitamin D Levels and the Risk of Mortality in the General Population. Karpman, Harold L. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p161
The article presents a commentary to a study that addressed the association of low 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) with all-cause, cancer and cardiovascular disease (DVD) mortality.
- A rationale for vitamin D prescribing in a falls clinic population. Dhesi, Jugdeep K.; Moniz, Caje; Close, Jacqueline C.T.; Jackson, Stephen H.D.; Allain, Theresa J. // Age & Ageing;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p267
Presents a study which assessed the prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in a falls clinic population and identified the clinical predictors of the disease. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Vitamin D status and predictors of hypovitaminosis D in Italian children and adolescents: a cross-sectional study. Vierucci, Francesco; Del Pistoia, Marta; Fanos, Margherita; Gori, Martina; Carlone, Giorgia; Erba, Paola; Massimetti, Gabriele; Federico, Giovanni; Saggese, Giuseppe // European Journal of Pediatrics;Dec2013, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p1607
Hypovitaminosis D affects children and adolescents all around the world. Italian data on vitamin D status and risk factors for hypovitaminosis D during pediatric age are lacking. Six hundred fifty-two children and adolescents (range 2.0â€“21.0Â years) living in the northwestern area of...
- 7 nutrients you may be missing. // Filipino Post;10/23/2014, p10
No abstract available.
- Maternal Serum and Breast Milk Vitamin D Levels: Findings from the Universiti Sains Malaysia Pregnancy Cohort Study. Jan Mohamed, Hamid Jan; Rowan, Angela; Fong, Bertram; Loy, See-Ling // PLoS ONE;Jul2014, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p1
Background: Vitamin D deficiency has become a global health issue in pregnant women. This study aimed to assess the adequacy of maternal vitamin D status by measuring maternal serum and breast milk 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels and to determine the association between maternal serum and...