Keeping Up With Satellite Could Be a Turn-Off
- House DTV Bill Progresses Intact Via Budget Measure. // Telecom Policy Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p1
This article reports on the introduction of the digital television transition bill in the U.S. House of Representatives in November 2005. The inclusion of the bill in the budget measures taken by the sector is presented. The impact of the possible approval of the bill on the telecommunication...
- Shareholders and Nomads - Understanding the change to a Digital Television Environment. Carr, David // Image Technology;Mar1997, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the change of television to a digital television environment in Great Britain. It stated that television has moved from being dominated by Public Service Broadcasting to being dominated by the commercial sector. However, digital technology enables the long predicted merger...
- ImplantacÃon de la TV digital terrestre. Herreros, Mariano Cebrián // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;may/jun2009, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p10
No abstract available.
- DIGITAL Television's December DESCENT. Botting, Geoff // J@pan Inc.;Dec2003, Issue 50, p28
Deals with the plan of the Japanese government to implement terrestrial digital television (DTV) broadcasting in the country starting December 1, 2003. Objections to the plan; Possible benefits of the terrestrial DTV; Overview of the plan.
- Digital TV Squabbles Could Derail 3G. Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;03/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Discusses proposals to change standards on digital television (DTV) broadcasting. Impact of changes to the standards on the implementation of DTV broadcasting; Significance of wireless data to broadcasters.
- The American DTV PLATFORM. Cianca, Philip J. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p54
The article narrates the beginning of the digital television in the U.S. during its 10th anniversary of the Federal Communication Commission's formal adoptation of the American DTV standard. The evolution of high-definition television (HDTV) is generally attributed to NHK during the SMPTE...
- 1.1% OF HOMES STILL NOT RECEIVING DIGITAL TV. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/10/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p10
This article reveals that only 1.1% of television (TV) households in the U.S. are still unable to receive digital signals with the July 31, 2009 deadline for applying for a digital converter box coupon passed, based on data gathered by Nielsen. This 1.1% of TV households represents just more...
- Two Approaches, Two Results For Digital TV Switch. Hatch, David // National Journal;11/1/2008, p13
The article focuses on the varied result of the shift to digital television (DTV) signals in Wilmington, Delaware and Wilmington, North Carolina. The North Carolina city generated considerable attention while the Delaware city attracted little attention from power brokers in Washington, D.C. One...
- Digital Television's Coming of Age. Baldwin, Patrick // Multichannel News;8/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p53
The author reflects on the move of the television broadcasting industry to transition from analog to digital television. He argues that the technological changes in the world is reflective of the need to transition to digital television and that the industry should exert effort to educate the...