- Air fare. Steingarten, Jeffrey // Vogue;Oct2005, Vol. 195 Issue 10, p272
Comments on food trends in the United States. Focuses on the use of wood and vapors in cooking; Popularity of smoked mashed potatoes at Perry Street, Jean-Georges Vongerichten's restaurant in Manhattan, New York; Smoked eggs by chef Wylie Dufresne of wd-50 Restaurant; Grant Achatz's experimental...
- Where's Wylie? R.R. // New York;9/9/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p63
Reports on chef Wylie Dufresne's opening of the WD-50 restaurant in New York City. Dufresne's business partners; Dufrusne's vision for the restaurant.
- The Incredible Edible Eggshell. R. R.; R. P. // New York;4/4/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p53
The article introduces the new creation of experimental chef Wylie Dufresne which is a soft-poached orb cradled by the cracked remains of what seems to be its shell but is actually constructed from edible clay, or kaolin.
- Emu Eggs. R. R.; R. P. // New York;2/20/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p154
A recipe for the emu egg fondue by chef Wylie Dufresne is presented.
- THE LAST SUPPER. JUNOD, TOM // Esquire;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 163 Issue 1/2, p34
The article reports on closure of the WD-50 restaurant in Manhattan, New York City, owned by Wylie Dufresne. Topics discussed include Dufresne's incorporation of science and new techniques in the preparation and presentation of food, refusal to use an ingredient that hadn't been reinvented or...
- THE LAST SUPPER'S FINAL COURSE. JUNOD, TOM // Esquire;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 163 Issue 1/2, p116
The article focuses on chef Wylie Dufresne along with information on popularity of meat dish in meals of people in the U.S. Topics discussed include the deliciousness of meat made by Dufresne, the advantages of the calibrated technique known as sous vide and closing of restaurant opened by...
- DUFRESNE WINS HOUSE FOODS' TOFU COOK-OFF. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/11/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p74
The article reports that chef Wylie Dufresne has won $5,000 grand prize in the House Foods Tofu Around the World Cook-off contest produced by House Foods America Corp. in New York. It states that Dufresne took the top prize for his dishes, including miso soup with instant tofu noodles, warm tofu...
- The Culinary World's New Guard. Goode, Jj // Details;Jun2008, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p48
The article features cooks from the U.S. Wylie Dufresne is known for his restaurant in New York City called wd-50. Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson opened Frasca, a restaurant devoted to the cuisine of the Friuli region in northeastern Italy, in 2003. David Myers has two restaurants called Sona, and...
- Fractions in My FOOD. Henderson, Samantha // Scholastic Math;1/14/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article describes how the author use fractions in her profession as a line cook. The author says that being a line cook means working with the other chefs in the kitchen to get food out during dinner service. Wylie Dufresne, the chef and owner of wd-50 and the author's boss, claims that...