Crank It Up
- Menu updates, staff training help CCRC. // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Riderwood Village has increased its resident satisfaction rating by refreshing the menu, soliciting and heeding resident input, and implementing an employee training program resulting in improved customer service. Dining services there revises at least 25% of the menu...
- Calm Before The Storm. Madden, Lucy // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2014, Issue 87, p23
The author talks about the art of good service as a necessary part of the dining experience. She highlights the importance of teaching staff parroted phrases such as "You are welcome" every time they are thanked as well as thanking them. She discusses hospitality, addressing restaurant...
- The Platt 101. Platt, Adam // New York;1/9/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p43
The article presents top 101 best restaurants in New York City. The Le Bernardin restaurant offers the best French dining accommodations in Manhattan. Masa restaurant owned by Masa Takayama was named illustrious sushi god from Los Angeles and came to New York with a uniquely Japanese delicacy....
- Tried and taste-tested... // In Britain;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
The article presents information on two hotels--Threadneedles and London Bridge Hotel--situated in London, England. Near to the Bank of England and across from the Royal Exchange in the City of London, Threadneedles is an extraordinary conversion of a grand old Victorian bank into a boutique...
- TASTING NOTES. Kliman, Todd; Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia; Limpert, Ann // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p178
Presents information on the most played songs at several restaurants in Washington D.C. Jackie's; Belga Cafe; Komi.
- The bar goes higher for diners at the bar. // Foodservice East;Winter2011, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the growing demand for casual snacking and dining at bars in Northeastern States. It offers information on business strategies of several bars within the area including Mohegan Sun's Bar Americain, Davio's in Park Square, and Cheesecake Factory. The significance of...
- Upper crusts. WILSON, BEE // New Statesman;02/19/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4424, p42
Recalls the dining experience of the author at the House of Lords in Westminster, London, England. Specialties served; Prices.
- Operators see the light, offer diners black-napkin option. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p206
Relates the fine dining experiences of the author in several restaurants in the U.S. Details of his experiences; Restaurants' specialties; Quality of service.
- Top tables. Harmer, Janet // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p36
Deals with the advantages of chef's dining room concept of eating. Popularity of the concept in Great Britain; Information on the celebration of the birthday of British Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2002 using the concept; Menu from the chef's table service at Claridge's; Hotels and restaurants...