Hangovers could be real headache for UK productivity
- Food Services and Drinking Places. // Career Guide to Industries;2010/2011, p19
The article presents a career guide to the food services and drinking places in the U.S. Information is presented on the nature of the industry, working conditions, employment and occupations, and training and advancement. The article also presents an outlook for the industry, which covers...
- Warning On Bar Staff Hearing. // Restaurant & Catering News;Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p29
The article focuses on the warning issued in Australia on bar workers hearing as the bar is noted to be a noisy place to work.
- In the know. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;5/14/2015, Issue 193, p37
The article offers the author's insights related to bars, which include selection of staff and training, several drinks offered, including Domaine Pierre Naigeon, Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes, and Tedeschi, and use of social media in marketing.
- People, People, People…. Logsdon, Randy K. // Rock Products;Jan2013, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the application of three interrelated concepts in organizational employment: 'Person,' that represents the worker; 'Behavior,' that represents the employee performance; and 'Environment,' that represents the physical conditions involved. It also discusses the seven...
- Anti-smoking lobby puts the pressure on. // Occupational Health;Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on a toolkit launched by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and anti-smoking lobbying group, Ash to help employers make workplaces smoke-free. Number of people in Great Britain who still work in workplaces where smoking is allowed throughout; Use of the guidance for local...
- My worst job. Peake, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4564, p52
The article presents information on the worst job experience of Tom Peake, owner and co-founder of Renaissance Pubs. According to Peake, being the barman and chef de rang at Hotel le Toiny on St Barts in the French West Indies was probably both his best and worst job. He states that his...
- MY WORLD. MEREDITH, TAYLOR // Sarasota Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p48
The article presents the views of Skeeter Williams, who has been serving patrons at tiki bar at the Casey Key Fish House, on her work at the bar. The bar is now known as Skeeterville and Skeeter was made honorary mayor complete with plaque in 2009. She further mentioned about some irritating...
- Realpubs loses case at tribunal. // Morning Advertiser;1/20/2011, Issue 524, p9
The article reports that Charles Lisboa, a homosexual employee at Realpubs, has won a case against the pub for unfair dismissal.
- Women's Work. Raisfeld, Robin; Patronite, Rob // New York;6/2/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p101
Discusses the plan of the owners of the bar Flatiron Lounge to hire female bartenders. Enumeration of cocktails served; Qualities of women bartenders; Female bartenders' concern on the quantity of drinks served.