Never Say Never
- Fire service wins training award. // Fire;Jan2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1364, p7
The article announces that the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (FRS) in England has received the Special Award for Learning and Development at the 2013 North of England Excellence Awards.
- Building the future of emergency response. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p40
An introduction to a special themed section of the journal, in which the author discusses the 2013 Station Style Design Awards presented to fire stations located in the U.S.
- DPS Achievements Create A Safer Minnesota. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on the achievements of the divisions of the Department of Public Safety in Minnesota in 2006. The fire investigations completed by the State Fire Marshal Division increased over the previous year. The incidents and subsequent investigations of the Minnesota Office...
- Learn What Makes a Fire-Station Design a Winner. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/18/2012, p3
The article discusses the processes involved in the selection of the winners in the "Fire Chief" magazine's 2012 Station Style Design Awards. The judges deliberated over minor disparities between gold-, silver- and bronze-award determinations. The winners will be announced at the Webinar "2012...
- FIRE CHIEF accepting entries for 2013 Station Style Design Awards. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2013, p1
The article reports that entries to the 2013 Station Style Design Awards of "FIRE CHIEF" magazine in categories including volunteer stations, combination stations, and career stations, are being accepted until August 24.
- FIRE CHIEF Announces 2012 Station Style Fire Station Design Award Winners. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/18/2012, p1
The article announces the winners of "Fire Chief" magazine's 12th annual Station Style Fire Station (FS) Design Awards including a Gold Award in the Volunteer/Combination Fire Stations category to Saint Louis Park FS in Minnesota, a Silver Award in the Career Fire Stations category to Los...
- SAFER Grants to Start with $65M. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p12
Reports that the Homeland Security Appropriations for fiscal year 2005 funded the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Program in the United States, known as the SAFER Act. Importance of the initiative in addressing concerns over the shortage of firefighters in the country; Reasons...
- SELECT FEW. Fong, Johnny // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p30
The article presents the author's experience of selecting the winners of the annual Station Style Fire Station Design Awards. The author is one of the judges of the contest and took a day or two to review each and every entry. He told that all the entries were separated into five piles including...
- Fire department, personal success requires perserverance. LeDuc, Todd // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/19/2013, p7
The article focuses on attainment of success of a fire-service professional. The author relates his experience attending the annual awards ceremony of the Center for Performance Excellence in Chicago, Illinois to explore accreditation as a measure of success for professionals and organizations....