We Meet AGAIN
- How to defend yourself against indoor air quality plaintiffs. Bas, Ed // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/28/96, Vol. 199 Issue 9, p12
Offers tips for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors on how to defend themselves from indoor air quality (IAQ)-related lawsuits. Liability of all parties associated with the building with IAQ-related cases; Tips on limiting legal liability.
- Document Stresses Relationship Between Indoor Air Quality and Energy Efficiency. // Energy User News;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the relationship between indoor air quality and energy efficiency. Reference to the position document of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers; Guidelines for building construction and maintenance practices; Implications of premature occupancy...
- Evaluation of Demand-Controlled Ventilation and Enthalpy Exchangers in Small Commercial Buildings. Mercer, Kevin B.; Braun, James E. // ASHRAE Transactions;2005, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p873
The ventilation airstream required to maintain acceptable indoor air quality is typically a .significant contributor to the total heating and cooling load in commercial buildings. Demand-controlled ventilation (DCV) and enthalpy exchangers are two technologies that can be used to reduce...
- Time Is Right To Promote IAQ. Turpin, Joanna // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/18/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the efforts to promote indoor air quality (IAQ) in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in the United States. Research of the American Lung Association and the Environmental Protection Agency on IAQ; Kimberly-Clark's survey about poor IAQ at home and at work;...
- Research Grants Approved by RAC. // ASHRAE Journal;May2005, Vol. 47, p1
Reports on the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' funding of a research improve indoor air quality on planes and in homes. Total grant amount given by the association; Number of students given the grant.
- ASHRAE Proposes HVAC Maintenance Standard. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/29/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 13, p4
According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the lack of an accepted standard maintenance practice has made it difficult for building owners and operators to budget for introspection and maintenance of HVAC systems. Thus, ASHRAE is...
- Speaking of iaq. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/15/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p32
The article introduces the Houston, Texas-based radio program "On the Air," which is hosted by Gary Parr, president and owner of HVAC Direct To You. Parr talks about indoor air quality, air conditioning and developments in the American heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. The show...
- Analysis of the Impact of CO2 -Based Demand-Controlled Ventilation Strategies on Energy Consumption. Krarti, Moncef; Al-Alaw, Mohsin // ASHRAE Transactions;2004, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p274
This paper presents an integrated IAQ/HVAC simulation environment that can model the impact of contaminant-based demand-controlled ventilation (DCV) strategies on both indoor air quality and HVAC system energy use for multizone buildings. The predictions of the integrated IAQ/HVAC simulation...
- glossary. // Engineered Systems;Sep2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p101
Presents a glossary about the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry. Building automation system; Energy management systems; Indoor air quality; Information technology; Wide area network.