Virtual Money Won't Fund Secure Retirement
- Retirement benefits lose out. // Finance Week;03/03/2001, p38
Reports a loss in the retirement benefits of the employees in South Africa. Approach of the government to the retirement fund industry; Disappointment on the part of the employees about retirement problems; Decision of the government to lower tax for all groups.
- Equipment under an operating lease. // Accountancy;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 1257, p67
Reports that the Funded Unapproved Retirement Benefit Schemes (FURBS) is less cost-effective for employers than the Unfunded Unapproved Retirement Benefit Schemes, according to the consulting actuaries and benefit consultant, Lane Clark & Peacock. Contributions to the FURSB subject to the...
- your money. Quinn, Jane Bryant // Good Housekeeping;Oct2001, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p58
Offers advice on retirement plans. Tips on investing retirement plans; Suggestion for teachers planning to switch their savings plans; Taxation law on 457 retirement plans.
- Supplement your retirement income using a systematic withdrawal plan. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov99, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p48
Recommends the use of Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) to supplement employees retirement income. Concept of the SWP; Advantages; Variety of specific cash needs that can be provided for through SWP from mutual funds.
- 100,000 more pensioners living in poverty. Day, Karen // Public Finance;09/29/2000, p16
Reports on the British Department of Social Security's 2000 audit of poverty indicating an increased number of pensioners living in poverty. Comparison with statistics from 1996 to 1999; Calls for improvement of the state pension program; Plans to link government earnings with the state...
- Added value. // Money Marketing;6/8/2006, p48
The article reports on the offer by A-Day company for a more significant retirement benefit option to clients in Great Britain. Previous traditional options available include annuities, which provide total security and peace of mind through an income for life and drawdown, which requires a...
- Educate and Enable: Building a Quality Retirement Begins With Educating Apprentices. Caccholi, Andrew; Brennan, Dan // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the initiative of Sheet Metal Workers Local No. 27 in Farmingdale, New Jersey to prepare their apprentices and all their members for a quality retirement by educating them regarding the system. Execution of the retirement education program; Motivation behind the program; Benefits...
- Equality in pensions. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jul1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1163, p46
The article cites the 'Barber v. Guardian Royal Exchange Assurance Group' case in 1990 in which the European Court of Justice upheld the principle that occupational pension schemes should apply the same retirement benefits to men and women. The details of the case are discussed, as well the...
- High cost of pension scheme equality. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jul1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1163, p49
The article discusses the 'Douglas Barber v. Guardian Royal Exchange Assurance Group' case in Great Britain in 1990. The European Court's ruling on the case pertaining to retirement benefits on redundancy can cost employers an extra 3 billion British pounds a year if it is extended to cover all...