Time and motion past their sell-by-date? What do you think?
- Under 30s plump for joy of sicks. // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p52
Reports the results of survey for Channel Five on employment in Great Britain. Importance of telephone on employees sexual behavior; Pretention of sickness to avoid work; Absence of employees due to hangover.
- Employee Perceptions of the Effects of a Two-Tier Wage Structure. HEETDERKS, THOMAS D.; MARTIN, JAMES E. // Journal of Labor Research;Summer91, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p279
This exploratory study examines three research questions related to employees' perceptions concerning the effects and purposes of a permanent two-tier wage structure in their employment setting. Although much of the popular literature on employee dissatisfaction with tiers has focused on...
- The Relationships between Transformational Leadership, LMX, and Employee Innovative Behavior. Xie Shunlong; Zhang Weiming // Journal of Applied Business & Economics;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p87
In this paper, we use solid evidence to examine the relations of transformational leadership, leadermember exchange (LMX) and employee's innovative behavior. The results showed: (1) transformational leadership was significant positively related to leader-member exchange, which mostly comes from...
- One of the thing. GRAVES, ANTHONY // Orion Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Mango, Mango!" by Douglas Haynes in the May/June and July/august 2014 issue.
- Employee confidence sinks amid job worries. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the decline in employee confidence in February 2003, according to the Gallup/UBS Employee Outlook Index. Increased concerns of employees on the state's economy; Concerns about future company conditions.
- Job Wire. // California Job Journal;4/20/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1131, p2
This section offers employment news briefs in California as of April 20, 2008. A 6.2 percent jobless rate is registered by the state in March, a level not seen since July 2004. Employee confidence in the state has declined, but workers are reportedly optimistic about their current jobs and their...
- Don't worry, be happy. // New Zealand Management;Jul2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p11
Discusses research findings on the employment attitudes of workers in New Zealand. Design and aim of the NZ Worker Representation and Participation Survey; Comparison of Kiwi workers with their American counterparts; Implication of the findings for the Employment Relations Act.
- What's keeping your staff? // People Management;Aug2014, p13
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by the Association of Accounting Technicians on the top reasons why employees stay with their employer, including relationships with colleagues, enjoyment of job responsibilities, and a lack of another job to go to.
- He's back from disability leave: What to do. // Manager's Legal Bulletin;11/15/2016, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p1
The article offers suggestions for handling the employees on disability leave including not staying in touch with the employee that will instil a feeling of disconnect that will help in their fast return to work, validating the disability of the employee and handling restricted duty.