- Thousands Stand Down. // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that fire departments across the U.S. participated in a national stand down for firefighter safety beginning June 21, 2005. The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is continuing to gather information on the national stand down's penetration to fire departments...
- IAFC and DOT create Hazmat Fusion Center. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p50
The author reports on the development of the Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Fusion Center (Hazmat Fusion Center). The Hazmat Fusion Center is being created by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous...
- VCOS offers insurance resource to help fire departments maintain operations after emergency. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;12/12/2012, p5
The article focuses on a resource about insurance planning released by the Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) of the International Association of Fire Chiefs to help fire departments maintain their operations after an emergency.
- With new technology, get with the program or get left behind. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/30/2013, p2
The article focuses on fire departments embracing new technologies, which according to John Buckman of the International Association of Fire Chiefs is already part of human's lives so there is a great need for fire departments to use such technologies.
- IAFC, NFPA encourage fire departments to participate in energy-consumption survey. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/19/2013, p1
The article offers information on the nationwide Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS) and the involvement of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in encouraging fire departments to take part in the survey.
- Key Challenges Facing Fire Departments. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article reports on the findings of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) about the challenges and problems faced by the fire departments in the U.S. for 2006. Results revealed that staffing and budget problems remained the most common issues among fire departments....
- IAFC releases report on departments' public image. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the 2013 report â€œTaking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception,â€by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force, which looked at measures to improve the public image of fire departments.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF MAYDAY/URGENT RADIO GUIDELINES. Terpak, Michael A. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p81
The article presents the Jersey City, New Jersey Fire Department's MAYDAY and URGENT radio guideline and operating procedure that was reviewed in response to International Association of Fire Chiefs' program in the U.S. The program was initiated due to the growing number of firefighter...
- Gillespie elected IAFC president and board chairman. // Fire Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the election of Al H. Gillespie, chief of the North Las Vegas (LV) Fire Department in Nevada, as president and chairman of the board of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) for the 2011 to 2012 term.