EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT...: An unusual cause of melena
- Atrial fibrillation and GI problems. // Patient Care;1/30/1999, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p127
Presents a case report of a 48-year-old woman complaining of nausea, vomiting and tachycardia of one week's duration. Medical history; Normal laboratory values obtained for potassium, chloride, magnesium, cholesterol, amylase and lipase; Observation of gastrointestinal problems complicated with...
- Clinical update. Atrial fibrillation... [including commentary by Kay Elliott]. // Nursing Standard;1/6/2016, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p17
The article focuses on atrial fibrillation (AF), described as the most common heart rhythm disturbance affecting more than one million people in the Great Britain, according to the Atrial Fibrillation Association (AFA). Topics discussed include the support tool endorsed by the National Institute...
- Atrial fibrillation. Fay, Matthew; Fry, Mandy // Pulse;11/7/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 36, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to atrial fibrillation (AF) including patients requiring an echocardiogram, commonly used drugs for atrial fibrillation (AF) and role of dabigatran in AF.
- Interactions impact therapy. Groce, James // Drug Topics;1/28/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 2, special section p9
The article provides an answer to a question on how gabapentin respond to a patient with new-onset atrial fibrillation.
- ASK DR. ZIPES. Zipes, Douglas; S., Robert; O., Lisa // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p82
The article presents questions and answers related to health, including atrial fibrillation as a genetic disease, the health benefits of taking a daily dose of fish oil and the effect of salt on the heart.
- Diagnosis. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/4/2008, Vol. 149 Issue 9, pC5.2
The article discusses the diagnosis of atrial fibrillation. Prominent symptoms of the disease include palpitations, shortness of breath, exercise intolerance, or malaise. In patient with less frequent symptoms, monitoring with electrocardiographic loop recorders is necessary for diagnosis, while...
- Atrial Fibrillation (Chronic). Boos, Christopher J.; Lane, Deidre A.; Lip, Gregory Y. H. // American Family Physician;9/1/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p701
An excerpt from the "Clinical Evidence Handbook," published by BMJ Publishing Group is presented.
- on your mind. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p12
Presents a question and answer advisory on health. Expiration of sunscreens after a time period; Benefits of taking colloidal silver supplements; Effectiveness of treatment for atrial fibrillation.
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT.... How to evaluate a gastric submucosal tumour in a patient with haematemesis? Boujaoude, J.; Abboud, B.; Abadjian, G. // Gut;May2005, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p629
The article presents a question regarding diagnosis of a woman who was admitted with severe upper gastrointestinal bleeding. She presented with hematemesis and melena.