- KINDLY LIGHT. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/18/2015, p10
The article reports on the systematic destruction of old government files in India aimed to caused much manageability and order on the bureaucratic archives of the government.
- Training on protecting government records. // Indiana Lawyer;1/6/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p22
The article announces that the Indiana State Archives will provide a training for state and local governments on how to protect documents and records, to be held January and February 2012 as a part of its Intergovernment Preparedness for Essential Records project.
- Editorial. Toro Tamayo, Luis Carlos // Revista Interamericana de Bibliotecologia;sep-dic2015, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p183
No abstract available.
- Post public data online -- free and easy. CUILLIER, DAVE // Quill;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p25
The article offers advice on creating online public data centers without spending money. It offers tips on using Microsoft Excel, Google Fusion Tables and Socrata. Fusion Tables allow readers to sort columns according to number order or alphabetical order and allow users to embed tables on their...
- Organizing 250 Years of Records. // Information Management Journal;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the decision of Cumberland County in New Jersey to implement a centralized and organized filing system for its records. The importance of the computerized filing system project is explained. The worth of grants awarded by the Public Archives and Records Infrastructure...
- More on Metadata. Greene, Mark A. // American Libraries;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 45 Issue 7/8, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Metadata for Image Collections" by Eddie Woodward in the June 2014 issue of the periodical.
- How social media is becoming better at managing your time. Davies, Russell // Campaign;3/30/2012, Issue 13, p24
The article discusses the use of social media as reminder for ephemeral moments which could be dangerous due to the possibility of having access to analysable and searchable history of data and web archives.
- Keep some cheer for better public access. Indiana University // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p13B
The author discusses improvement in public access to government information. He argues that individuals concerned must be a little grating on the issue of public access to information, in which he mentions two questions to be considered such as the types of records to be seen and the reason why...
- Notices: NATIONAL ARCHIVES AND RECORDS ADMINISTRATION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/4/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 171, p54491
The article focuses on the notice issued by the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regarding the availability and request for comments on the proposed records schedules. It says the proposed records schedules will instruct what to do to records that are no longer needed by...