- Northern science undermined Bocking, Stephen // Alternatives Journal;Oct/Nov1996, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
No abstract available.
- Business environment--Mining To Improve In 2011. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article predicts an improvement in Mexico's mining sector in 2011.
- Mining scorecard collywobbles. McKay, David // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p38
Describes the aspects of the mining charter scorecard released at a mining conference in Cape Town, South Africa. Administrative tools aimed at enabling the government to implement the charter; Inherent arbitrariness of the mining charter.
- Hot market for equipment. // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p46
Forecasts the growth of the mining equipment sector in South Africa in 2003. Increased shipment of equipment for mines; Mining equipment companies competing in the market.
- Unifying African players. McKay, David // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p25
Describes the concept of beneficiation in the African mining sector. Link of beneficiation to black economic empowerment in the industry; Beneficiation as a feature of the African Mining Partnership.
- Value for money. Ross, Priscilla // African Business;Nov97, Issue 226, p21
Discusses the state of the African mining industry. Comparison with international mining industries; Good value of investing in Africa; Possession by African gold producers of the strongest balance sheets; Effect of natural resource development on revenues; Political risks of emerging markets;...
- Investors remain confident. Thondlana, Barnabas // African Business;Jul/Aug98, Issue 234, p42
Reports that despite the economic crisis, Zimbabwe's minerals sector is fundamentally healthy. Country's mineral export earnings for the financial year ending June 30, 1997; Identification of companies which have been affected by the closing of marginal gold mines; Percentage of the country's...
- Cashing in on the region's mighty mining boom. Caruana, Lou // Asian Business Review;May95, p60
Focuses on the growth of Asia's mining industry. Growth of important mining development projects in the region; State of the mining industry in the Philippines; Interest by foreign investors in Asian mining industries.
- Asian mining in the grip of a global boom. // Asian Business Review;Apr97, p33
Provides information about the global mining in Asia. Gold deposits discovered in Indonesia; How rich gold deposits and healthy gold production becoming standard for Indonesia; Reason why Asia have become popular exploration locations for mining.
- `The whole world at our disposal'. Brooks, George // Equities;Aug96, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p40
Analyzes the investment potentials of mineral industries. Market demand; Linear relationship between the mineral industries and world economy.