Getting the Message
- `Localism' in Chinese media context: An examination of a closed circuit community cable system. Yu, Xuejian; Sears, Anne // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Spring96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p208
Describes the structure and program content of Jianglu's closed circuit community cable system in China. Transformation of Chinese mass communication; Localism in the context of Chinese media; Significance of closed circuit community cable systems.
- AXN takes on the world. Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the success of AXN cable television channel. Operation of the channel in Asia; Information on the programming of the channel; Marketing efforts of the channel; Plan of the channel to enter the U.S. market.
- Advertising proves to be the big issue for connected TVs. Levy, Katherine // Campaign (UK);6/1/2012, Issue 22, p18
The article discusses the current row between the U.S. cable networks CBS, Fox and NBC and the largest U.S. satellite broadcaster, DISH, over a newly installed DVR feature.
- Cable wires the Internet. Krantz, Michael; Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;2/27/95, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p3
Reports that cable broadcasting companies in the United States are launching sites on the Internet's World Wide Web computer network. Marketing schemes; Patterns concerning the use of the help of college students; Feedback from industry executives.
- Cable wrestles with Internet free-speech issues. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p63
Questions if cable operators should police the content they provide consumers access to via the World Wide Web, with reference to adult and pornographic material. Comments from Robert Miron, president of Advance/Newhouse Communications and chairman of the National Cable Television Association;...
- Savvy media owners mine PAX for insights against flank attacks. Dutt, Prashun // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/11/2003, p11
Media consumption patterns are dynamic not static. They reflect the degree of intensity in the relationship between the audience and the medium, the ratio of core and peripheral audience nurtured by the channel, which is largely influenced by the relevance of the information and/or entertainment...
- CNN receives approval for Cuban bureau. // Editor & Publisher;12/07/96, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the Cuban Foreign Ministry's approval for the Cable News Network (CNN) to open a bureau in Cuba. CNN's optimism to acquire a permit from the US State Department to operate in Cuba; Background on the US trade embargo which prevented news organizations from opening bureaus in Cuba;...
- Mouse Scurries From NAB. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p1
The article focuses on the dispute between television networks CBS, Fox and NBC with the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) over television-household reach. Network affiliates argues that they will have greater leverage to demand unfair affiliation terms if permitted to increase their...
- Strong media consumption forecast through 2002. M.S. // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Discusses the conclusions drawn at the 12th annual Communications Industry Forecast, sponsored by investment banker Veronis, Suhler & Associates. Ability of media industry growth to withstand a recession; Prediction that Americans will buy more cable television subscriptions, other subscription...