- Politically-Correct Java. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the Associated Students of the University of California's (ASUCLA) promotion of the Fair Trade Coffee. ASUCLA's agreement with the coffee growers; Qualities of the coffee drink sold.
- UCLA'S NEWEST, CORNELL'S ON THE WEB: UPGRADES PAVE WAY FOR CAMPUS F/S GAINS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the opening of DeNeve residential dining facility at the University of California in Los Angeles. Features of the facility; Food offerings at the facility.
- Food for great thoughts. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p68
Highlights Cafe Synapse in the Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center at the University of California, Los Angeles. Distinctive features; Average daily traffic; Seating capacity; Annual sales volume; Service style; Staff and consultant.
- Marketplace units 'star' at UCLA. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the success of two marketplace-style dining halls in the University of California's Los Angeles campus. Improvement of bottom-line productivity at the Hedrick and Rieber halls; Plan of one of the closed dining centers to convert into an upscale catering facility.
- UCLA `re-engineers' f/s, adds brands, new options. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
Details the radical transformation of the Associated Students of the University of California Los Angeles' (UCLA) dining program. Reopening and repositioning of its food locations; Combinations of lease-space options using national branded concepts and standardizing in-house brands; Projected...
- UCLA Hospitals Purchasing Antibiotic-free Meat. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the partnership of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System and the University of California San Francisco Medical Center to offer antibiotic-free proteins on patient and retail menus.
- MEAL PLAN PARTICIPATION JUMPS: Just-in-time food-prep at UCLA `Market Place'. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the foodservice concept of the University of California in Los Angeles. Details on the restaurant-style `Market Place' concept of the University; How the concept features just-in-time (JIT) food preparation; Responsibilities of Mary Muller Niven, associate director of housing and...
- East meets South at UCLA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on Rendezvous, a cafÃ© at the University of California-Los Angeles that serves both Asian and Mexican food. As a test, it opened with limited hours, and it will operate again in the fall of 2006 and will be open all day. Food options range from orange chicken to Thai salad...
- Town-Gown Triumph. // Time;2/2/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p44
The article offers information regarding the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). It states that UCLA offers the biggest adult higher education program in the U.S. It discusses the university's extension programs and presents details on the university's finance and operations....