The Wrong Arm of the Law
- Detroit's fast feeders, facing unprecedented tax, could get fed up fast with mayor's plan. Martin, Richard; Allen, Robin // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p40
Focuses on the proposed two-percent municipal sales tax on fast food restaurants by Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in Detroit, Michigan. Recognition of the restaurants' ability to generate millions in annual sales; Provisions of the proposed law; Objectives of Kilpatrick in filing the sales tax increase.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/18/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p34
The article presents news related to the week of April 9-15, 2005. The Michigan Gaming Control Board has approved the sale of Mandalay Resort Group Inc.'s 53.5 per cent share of MotorCity Casino LLC to Marian Ilitch, who already owns 25 percent interest in the casino. In another case, Detroit,...
- MICHIGAN: Pessimistic Mayor. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Presents information about the Detroit, Michigan budget for the fiscal year 2003 provided by governor Kwame Kilpatrick. Estimated deficits of Detroit; Cost control measures adopted by the city.
- 2001 Newsmaker of the Year. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports the recognition of Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as 2001 Newsmaker of the Year in Detroit, Michigan. Move of Kilpatrick in improving public safety; Priorities of Kilpatrick in the administration; Selection of a professional city manager.
- Kwame Kilpatrick: Mayor With Diamond Earring Changes Gears in Detroit. Chappell, Kevin // Ebony;Dec2002, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p60
Features Kwame Kilpatrick, mayor of Detroit, Michigan. His qualities; Style of leadership; Personal background; His accomplishments for the city.
- Kilpatrick focuses on new House role. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the political career of Kwame Kilpatrick, the Democrat state representative of Michigan. Family background; Dreams of becoming the mayor of Detroit, Michigan; Dedication to the his job as House minority leader; Views of political analysts on the promising political career of Kilpatrick.
- KEITH CRAIN: Will Detroit's soap opera ever end? // Crain's Detroit Business;8/11/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
The article presents the comments on the irresponsible behavior of mayor of Detroit, Michigan Kwame M. Kilpatrick. It is stated that Kilpatrick must understand just how devastating his actions are for the image of his city. It is opined that he must acknowledge to step down for the good of the...
- The best disinfectant. Vasquez, Vince // Liberty (08941408);Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p19
The article focuses on the resignation of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick from office.
- KEITH CRAIN: The honeymoon is over for Kilpatrick. CRAIN, KEITH // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p8
Reports on learning experiences of mayor of Detroit, Michigan Kwame Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick's views regarding economic position of the city; Job priorities and responsibilities of the mayor.