Making the Grade
- A Time for Rebirth and New Energy. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the innovations in sporting goods industry. The author asserts that although some have claimed that the sector had insufficiently made product innovations, he views that the list of achievements was impressive. He expects that in 2010, retailers will search of products that...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p20
The article introduces new products in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. It includes T7-0 treadmill from Lite Fitness, micro-compact 8-power binocular from Konus Optical & Sports System, H1950 Bob Feller 1636 JC Higgins baseball glove, Holloway's performance wear pullover, and GreatLITE's...
- Innovations in sporting goods spreads hope through industry. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the implication of the new products displayed at the 2001 Super Show on the projected growth rate of the sporting goods industry in the United States. Sports products displayed at the show; Role of the retail stores in marketing the sports products; Importance of the participation of...
- SPORTS MATERIALS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct2005, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p22
Introduces several innovative products for sports in the U.S. Description of the polycarbonate helmet from Bayer MaterialScience LLC; Features of the magnesium bicycle from Keronite Inc.; Physical features of the polypropylene glove from Cutters Glove.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes protest staged at a Wal-Mart sponsored fishing tournament; MC Sports' expansion strategy under its president and chief executive officer, Bruce Ullery; Opening of Cabela's store in...
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.