EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: An upper abdominal swelling causing nausea and vomiting. Oliver, I.; Costa, D.; Lacueva, J.; Calpena, R. // Gut;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p813
The article presents a quiz related to the diagnosis of a case study of a 75 year old woman was admitted to Elche University General Hospital for further evaluation of nausea and vomiting related to meals for one month. She had previously been well with no history of liver disease, dysphagia, or...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer. // Gut;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p796
The article presents answer to a quiz related to the diagnosis a 58 year old male patient presented with a 24 hour history of nausea, vomiting, and right shoulder tip pain with associated rigors. The computed tomography scan showed intrahepatic gas with linear branching at the periphery,...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: An unusual cause of pyrexia. Howlett, D. C.; Segwagwe, M.; Marchbank, N. D.; Dunk, A. A. // Gut;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p774
The article presents a quiz related to the diagnosis of a case study of a 58 year old male patient presented with a 24 hour history of nausea, vomiting, and right shoulder tip pain with associated rigors. On examination he was tachycardic, 100 beats per minute, and pyrexial but clinical...
- Case 4-2007. Dalmau, Josep; Gonzalez, R. Gilberto; Lerwill, Melinda F. // New England Journal of Medicine;2/8/2007, Vol. 356 Issue 6, p612
The article describes the case of a 56-year-old woman who was admitted to the hospital due to vertigo and ataxia. Prior to being admitted in the hospital, the patient was suffering from occasional dizziness, nausea, positional vertigo and vomiting. Her vomiting was resolved and dizziness...
- Differentiating Small (â©½1 cm) Focal Liver Lesions as Metastases or Cysts by means of Computed Tomography: A Case-Study to Illustrate a Fuzzy Logic-Based Method to Assess the Impact of Diagnostic Confidence on Radiological Diagnosis. Girometti, Rossano; Fabris, Francesco; Sgarro, Andrea; Zanella, Gloria; Pullini, Serena; Cereser, Lorenzo; Como, Giuseppe; Zuiani, Chiara; Bazzocchi, Massimo // Computational & Mathematical Methods in Medicine;2014, p1
Purpose. To quantify the impact of diagnostic confidence on radiological diagnosis with a fuzzy logic-based method. Materials and Methods. Twenty-two oncologic patients with 20 cysts and 30 metastases â©½1 cmin size found at 64-row computed tomography were included. Two readers (R1/R2)...
- Liver Hydatidosis Extended to Cava and Lungs. D�az-Men�ndez, Marta; L�pez-V�lez, Rogelio // Journal of Global Infectious Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p182
The article offers the authors' discussion on the expansion of liver hydatidosis to cava, heart and lungs. They mention that such disease was found on a 21-year-old man who was referred to their clinic for diagnosis of a two-day evolution of hemoptysis and cough. They note that its existence was...
- Reader Questions. // Dermatology Coding Alert;Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p46
The article presents questions and answers related to medical coding which include the measuring of a tumor or a cyst, timely filing rules and incident-to guidelines for follow-ups.
- An 84-Year-Old Woman With a Skin Cyst Containing Ziehl-Neelsen-Positive Structures. Law, Allison M.; Rutland, Beth M.; Horenstein, Marcelo G. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Mar2005, Vol. 129 Issue 3, pe75
A quiz concerning the pathology of the disease of an 84-year-old woman with a skin cyst is presented.
- Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting. Rittenberg, Cynthia; Cunningham, Regina S.; Hogle, William P. // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Apr2005, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p257
Provides answers to questions on chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.