REPAIR THE WORLD
- Employee Giving in an Age of Skepticism. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 132 Issue 2707, p6
Focuses on the skepticism on workplace giving and volunteering programs. Suggestion given by Craig Wichner, chief executive officer of KindMark, on instituting an online giving system; Reasons for instituting such programs.
- Sarah Owen. Korb, Michael // Gulfshore Life;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p97
The article features Sarah Owen, chief executive officer (CEO) of Southwest Florida Community Foundation. Owen, who is also executive director of the Fort Myer's Meals on Wheels program, had contracted with Community Cooperative Ministries Incorporated (CCMI) to cook their everyday meals. She...
- Day of Caring. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p62
Presents photographs taken during the 2000 Day of Caring event sponsored by the United Way of the Greater Seacoast in New Hampshire. Number of volunteers, companies and non-profit agencies that participated in the event.
- My Week. // Third Sector;2/4/2014, Issue 784, p11
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of visiting the Brook House Immigration Removal Centre to provide information about assisted voluntary return service.
- SEASONS OF GIVING. Burns, Rebecca Poynor // Indianapolis Monthly;Nov2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p102
Reports on options for charitable giving throughout the year. Service to the homeless by the Wheeler Mission Ministries; Participation of volunteer tutors in the Indy Reads program of the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library; Activities of the Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana.
- Natural disasters: Offering help. Laverick, S. // British Dental Journal;4/11/2014, Vol. 216 Issue 7, p376
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses the launch of a charity FaceFacts which aims to help individuals donate short periods of time to working abroad in the developing world.
- Thumbs-down to being palmed off with 'innuendo.'. // Third Sector;8/30/2011, Issue 673, p15
This section offers news briefs on volunteerism throughout England as of August 2011, citing the lackluster reaction to v's "a big hand" campaign and the better one to "the summer of give" one, a web posting by a reader criticizing a number of charities for being too greedy, and Lord Nat Wei's...
- Philanthropy. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;2/1/95, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p6
Focuses on the Points of Light Foundation designed to boost volunteerism nationwide. Aim of engaging more Americans in community service; Origin of name; Support for the foundation from President Bill Clinton's administration; Questions on the foundation's financial practices.
- The serious business of volunteering. Milne, John // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
Comments on a web-based survey about Canadians' opinions on issues related to charitable institutions. Importance of volunteer work to the national identity; Ability of nonprofit organizations to understand the needs of average citizens; Interest of surfers in the web site of Charity Village.