Finding Good Help
- Emerging Trends You Need To Know in the Recruiting Industry. Gionta, Mike // Fordyce Letter;Jul2013, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the new trends in the recruiting industry in the U.S. as of 2013. It notes the potential for employment agencies to reduce their costs for research by partnering with research companies or hiring a part time researcher. It highlights the emergence of online employee...
- Keeping candidates in check. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p12
Focuses on the importance of reference checks in employee selection in Great Britain. Proportion of companies using reference checking; Interest of employers in the absence records of applicants; Incidence of turned down applications due to unsatisfactory references.
- Talking about ex-employees fraught with complications. Keene, Linda // South Carolina Business Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on factors to consider in conducting reference checks when selecting employees in the United States. Importance for employers to become more thoughtful about their comments regarding former employees; Determination of the reasons why many companies refuse to provide background...
- Use References To Ramp Up New Hires. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
The article offers tips on how supervisors can conducting reference checks in hiring potential employees.
- Check references. // Communication Briefings;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
The article presents practices on how employers can gain important information when checking a job candidate's references, adapted from article "Avoid Hiring the Unexpected," by Vickie Elmer.
- Patience should be on your resume when filling positions. Dingman, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;03/06/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 4, p10
Offers tips on hiring employees. Checking of employment references; Practice of due diligence in hiring; Assessment of a potential employee's personality; Ways to avoid errors in hiring.
- Using References as a Hiring Resource. De Callier, Pepper // San Diego Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p26
Discusses guidelines in using references when hiring employees. Includes searching for the truth behind the first impression; Gathering of specific information through asking questions; Focusing of the reference on providing information.
- A thorough hiring process can eliminate problems later on. Moore // New Hampshire Business Review;09/10/99, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p3
Offers some advice to United States employers on employee hiring. Contact of references; Background checks.
- Leftycartoons. Deutsch, B. // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb2016, Issue 322, p4
The comic strip "Leftycartoons" is presented.