High-intensity exercise for rheumatoid arthritis was associated with less joint damage of the hands and feet than physical therapy: COMMENTARY
- High-intensity exercise for rheumatoid arthritis was associated with less joint damage of the hands and feet than physical therapy. // ACP Journal Club;May/Jun2005, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p73
This article presents a study, which reports that high-intensity exercise for rheumatoid arthritis was associated with less joint damage of the hands and feet than physical therapy. During 2-year follow-up, 34% of patients in the exercise group and 55% of patients in the usual-care group were...
- Abstracts. Davidian, Lily // Physical Therapy;Nov1995, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p1028
Presents an abstract of the report `Elderly Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients on Steroid Treatment Tolerate Physical Training Without an Increase in Disease Activity,' by K.K. Lyngberg, M. Harreby, H. Bentzen et al.
- AGONY IN THE BONES. Fischman, Josh; Hobson, Katherine // U.S. News & World Report;6/27/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p42
Offers nine key ways to beat the pain of arthritis. How joint problems are hurting and crippling millions of Americans; Ways that rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis affect joints; Topical treatment; Supplements; Technique of strengthening the muscles and tendons that support the joint;...
- Long-term exercise programme not justified economically in RA. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;3/26/2005, Issue 474, p15
Discusses research being done on the cost effectiveness of a long-term exercise program for patients with rheumatoid arthritis in The Netherlands. Reference to a study by W. B. Hout, Z. de Jong, et al published in the February 2005 issue of the "Arthritis Care and Research' journal; Information...
- Validation of a Prediction Rule for the Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Patients with Recent Onset Undifferentiated Arthritis. Bedran, Zaida; Quiroz, Cristian; Rosa, Javier; Catoggio, Luis J.; Soriano, Enrique R. // International Journal of Rheumatology;2013, p1
Objectives. To validate van derHelm-vanMil score (vHvM) and new ACR/EULAR criteria for the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in patients with undifferentiated arthritis (UA). Patients and Methods. Adult patients with UA (swelling â©¾2 joints of less than 6 months duration, without...
- Fibrous Cortical Defect (Non Ossifying Fibroma) Lower End Femur with Rheumatoid Arthritis -Rare Association. jeevannavar, Santosh S.; shenoy, Keshav S.; Daddimani, Ravi M.; Jeevannavar, Jyoti S. // International Journal of Biological & Medical Research;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p3054
Non ossifying fibroma or fibrous cortical defects are common benign proliferations of fibrous tissue that occur in metaphyseal regions of long bones. Many are asymptomatic and are found incidentally on routine x rays done for other reasons.Fibrous cortical defects associated with other diseases...
- Aerobic Exercise Testing in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Takken, Tim; van der Net, Janjaap; Helders, Paul J.M. // Clinical Exercise Physiology;Feb2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p38
Investigates the aerobic exercise testing in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) patients. Feasibility of maximum exercise testing in JRA patients; Computation of error in the measurement of maximum exercise test; Characteristics of functional aerobic exercise.
- Exercise for Arthritis, Yes, But Which Kind? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Presents a study that examined certain kinds of exercises that can help reduce the pain of people with arthritis. Views from physician Ronenn Roubenoff on strength training; Discussion on aerobic activities that can improve the function of the heart and lungs; Description of rheumatoid cachexia.
- AN ANSWER TO ARTHRITIS. Hayhurst, Chris // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 13, p4
Discusses the use of physical therapy for effective management and treatment of arthritis. Importance of preventive medicine; Use of special manual therapy techniques to reduce one or two main joint restrictions; Therapeutic effect of the propulsion unit of a small onsite pool that is ideal for...