Cable's Spring Fling
- A Week of New Eras. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p40
Deals with the innovations that will enable the growth of the digital broadcast satellite (DBS) industry in the U.S. as discussed in the 2003 SkyForum. Growth in high-speed data buyers of Comcast; Outlook of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau on the ratings of cable and satellite television;...
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;12/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 245, p2
The article reports on the decision of the Business Services Council of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing to designate the association as a Business Service to capture the focus of the cable television sector on increasing its business solutions portfolio in the U.S. The...
- Cable's Rite of Spring. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p23
Presents a calendar of events related to cable television in New York City as of May 9, 2005. First Annual National Association of Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Creative Summit-East Coast; Wonder Women Luncheon; Horowitz & Associates annual conference.
- A Blessing Or A Curse? Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p46
Focuses on issues regarding televangelism and fund raising by religious television networks in the U.S. Comments of John Roos, senior vice president at religious cable programmer INSP: The Inspiration Network, on televangelists; Contribution of televangelism to religious cable programming;...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...