'Honey, I Shrunk the 401(k)'
- Take Time to Review Your Retirement Game Plan. Brandon, Emily // U.S. News & World Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p76
The article presents a checklist of things that people should review in relation to their retirement plans. People should set aside money for retirement funds before they spend money, contribute money to in individual retirement account, put as much money as possible into 401 (k) accounts, and...
- The 401(k) of the Future. Wang, Penelope; Feldman, Judy // Money;Jan2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p82
Discusses how the 401(k) plan is changing and ways that investors can make the most from evolving plans. The expanding choices and technological improvements that plans are experiencing; How many 401(k)s are switching to institutional funds resulting in cost savings; The growing number of...
- Which Are the Best Bundled 401(k) Service Providers...and Why? (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1995 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p98
Presents an abstract of the article "Which Are the Best Bundled 401(k) Service Providers...and Why?" which appeared in the August 1995 issue of "IOMA's Report on Managing 401(k) Plans."
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/24/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p30
Provides information on the Roth 401(k) retirement plan to be launched in 2006. Overview of the plan; Comparison of the plan with Roth individual retirement accounts; Factors which should be considered if an employer opts to offer the plan to employees.
- Tax Strategies Scan: Inherited IRAs. // Accountingtoday.com;8/16/2015, p1
Our weekly roundup of tax-related investment strategies and news your clients may be thinking about.
- RETIRE THE WAY YOU WANT TO. Cohen, Hal M. // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses how employees can develop a retirement plan. Although some retirees receive pensions from their former employers, the trend is increasingly towards employees taking greater responsibility for their own postemployment income. Workers need to begin as soon as possible...
- Three planning tips for your IRA. Rubenstein, Ira M. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/8/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 49, pS10
The article offers tips when planning for individual retirement account (IRA). It is helpful to consider making charitable donations with appreciated stock owned more than one year. One can have a Roth IRA even if he or she is in an employee-sponsored retirement plan, such as 401 (k). IRA should...
- Notepad. // NEA Today;May2005, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p11
Looks at the disadvantages of the 401(k) retirement plans to public employees in the U.S. based on the results of a study conducted by Hewitt Associates. Scope of the retirement plan; Benefits of defined-benefit pension plans.
- A benefit boost for small companies. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, Special section p5
Offers advice on choosing the right 401(k) plan for small business enterprises. Determination of the appropriate retirement plan for employees; Educating employees on the chosen plan; Need to clarify the catch-up provision for employees who are above 50 years old.