Where there's smoke there's not necessarily fire
- Molecular basis of hereditary pancreatitis. Chen, Jian-Min; Ferec, Claude // European Journal of Human Genetics;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p473
Hereditary pancreatitis (HP) is an autosomal dominant disease. Two heterozygous missense mutations, R122H (R117H) and N291 (N211), in the cationic trypsinogen gene have been clearly associated with HR The 'self-destruct' model proposed for the R122H mutation is discussed in connection with the...
- Two cases of acute necrotizing pancreatitis complicating after transcatheter arterial embolization for hepatocellular carcinoma. Komekado, Hideyuki; Kokuryu, Hiroyuki; Kimura, Toru; Maruo, Takanori; Kita, Ryuichi; Osaki, Yukio; Shintaku, Masayuki; Sawabu, Tateo; Seno, Hiroshi // Journal of Gastroenterology;2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p107
Presents a letter to the editor regarding complications in cases of acute necrotizing pancreatitis.
- Antibiotics in Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/1/2007, Vol. 45 Issue 7, pv
An abstract of the article "Early antibiotic treatment for severe acute necrotizing pancreatitis: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study," by E.P. Dellinger, J.M. Tellado and N.E. Soto, is presented.
- Hypocalcemia <7.5 mg/dl: Early Predictive Marker for Multisystem Organ Failure in Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis, Proposed by the Study Analyzing Post-ERCP Pancreatitis. Kawa, Shigeyuki; Mukawa, Kenji; Kiyosawa, Kendo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2000, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p1096
Presents a letter to the editor about a study on early predictive marker for organ failure in severe acute necrotizing pancreatitis.
- Reply to Letter by Drs. Uomo, Manes, and Rabitti. Banks, Peter A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1995, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p1027
Presents a response by Peter A. Banks to a letter to the editor about his article "Bacteriologic Status of Necrotic Tissue in Necrotizing Pancreatitis," in the 1990 issue of "Pancreatitis."
- Erratum to: Endoscopic transluminal necrosectomy in necrotising pancreatitis: a systematic review. Brunschot, Sandra; Fockens, Paul; Bakker, Olaf; Besselink, Marc; Voermans, Rogier; Poley, Jan-Werner; Gooszen, Hein; Bruno, Marco; Santvoort, Hjalmar // Surgical Endoscopy;Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p2003
A correction to the article "Endoscopic transluminal necrosectomy in necrotising pancreatitis: a systematic review" that was published in the May 2, 2014 issue is presented.
- Exenatide/sitagliptin. // Reactions Weekly;5/5/2012, Issue 1400, p21
The article describes the case of a patient who developed acute necrotising pancreatitis during concomitant treatment with exenatide and sitagliptin and later died.
- Continuing Medical Education: July 2014. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2014, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p968
A Continuing Education Unit (CEU) from the American College of Gastroenterology on the endoscopic interventions for necrotizing pancreatitis is presented.
- Application of Tissue Microarrays to Study the Influence of Dexamethasone on NF-ÃŽÂºB Expression of Pancreas in Rat with Severe Acute Pancreatitis. Xi Zhang; Ling Zhang; Hong Xu; Yan Xu; Qi Cheng; Jian Wang; Hai Shen // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Feb2008, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p571
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â To discuss the influence of dexamethasone on NF-ÃŽÂºB expression of pancreas in rat with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP). Ninety rat SAP models were divided into the model group and dexamethasone treatment group with 45 rats in each group; another healthy 45 rats...