Do the Right Thing
- We can help ease the pain. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on how sport retailers can withstand recession. It elaborates the condition of the sporting good retailers which suffered from the economic crisis. It offers several suggestions that may help retailers survive the recession and make them well prepared for the...
- Environment, responsibility and retail. Kennedy, Sandra // Retailing Today;4/23/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p9
The article offers the author's insights into the environmental and corporate social responsibility of retailers in the U.S. According to the author, retailers have devised innovative programs in response to consumers' preferences for sustainable products. The author observes that retailers are...
- Zumiez Profits Surge 59.3% In 4th Quarter. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 59, p19
The article reports on the profits posted by action sports retailer Zumiez Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2005. The company's earnings and revenues rose in the three months which ended January 28, 2006. Sales and same-store sales also rose in the quarter. Flexible merchandising strategy helped...
- Adidas Group Buys Out Korean Subsidiary. Beckett, Whitney // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/5/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 47, p13
The article reports that Adidas Group has bought full ownership of Adidas Korea Ltd., its brand subsidiary in Korea. The deal comes as part of Adidas' strategy to support its brands with wholly owned subsidiaries in key markets. Since a 2002 buyout of its Italian partner, Adidas' business in...
- Communication Breakdown. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep2007, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the relationship between retailers and suppliers in the sporting goods industry. Based on an informal survey, it is said that the quality of vendor representatives and difficulties with shipping are the two largest sources of frustration for retailers. Several retailers are...
- Snow+Rock. // Marketing (00253650);1/9/2008, p71
An interview with the marketing representative of Snow+Rock, retailer of snow-sports clothing and equipment is presented. When asked about the main challenges that their company's marketing team is facing, the representative refers to the moves and marketing process they are doing in introducing...
- NOTEPAD. // Golf World;1/30/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 27, p6
Presents reports regarding various companies that manufacture sports equipments and goods.
- First Nike Women's Store Set for Fashion Island. Kulcsar, Jeanet // Orange County Business Journal;6/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the opening of the first NIKEgoddess store at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, California.
- Advancing to Boardwalk. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p20
The article discusses the move of local companies in Connecticut to capitalize in the toy, game, and sports industries.